Honeymoon

Chapter 8

We arrived about an hour and thirty minutes after we started the journey to our honeymoon destination. I slept the entire flight while Loki admitted he stared at me after I fell asleep. He only told me because he wanted to make sure I knew how much I snore and drool. Which I don't do... Much.

The beach house was stunning, I couldn't wait to explore it. Loki puts his hand on my back and directs me into the house.

Once we were inside I went to go look around, but Loki grabbed my wrist. "You can wander for a little while, I have a couple of things to take care of. I'm planning on taking you on a date later. Be dolled up and ready by 6pm." He kissed my lips briefly, "If you try to escape, remember I will find you, and I will punish your bad behavior." I gulped at his menacing glare, "You'll be a good girl, isn't that right, pet?"

I didn't feel like playing with fire, "Yes, Loki, I'll be your good girl." He walked away and I was left to my own devices. Deciding staying inside would be boring for so many hours, I find one of my suitcases that had been pre-packed and take out a modest bikini. I don't usually like wearing bikinis because they make me self-conscious and uncomfortable. But I don't have a choice since I don't get to buy my own clothes.

I find a bathroom and change into the bikini. I find two towels and walk to the beach. I don't bother putting on shoes or flip-flops because it's just sand. When I get outside, the sand feels wonderfully warm and hot beneath my toes. I lay one of the towels out on the sand and set the other one down. I walk to the lake and start swimming.

The water was nice and not freezing, due to the fact it was summer. If the world didn't turn to shit, I would've loved to come here when I actually found a nice guy to settle down with that wasn't so... Loki-ish.

I swim around for a while, enjoying the feel of the waves. Deciding to take a break, I swam to the shore. Reliving childhood memories, I start to build sandcastles.

At first my castle looked more like a mud pie than a castle. After a while, it looked better, less shapeless and looked like the tower that Shrek found Fiona in. I gave the castle a moat and used water from the lake to fill it in. Busy in my castle building, I see a pair of feet in front of me. I look up and find Loki shirtless and wearing swim-trunks.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"Building a sand castle," I hummed in response.

"And what is a sand castle supposed to do?"

I roll my eyes, "Protect the imaginary sand princess, duh."

"Humans are such weird creatures," He snorted

"Hey! Don't forget buddy you married one of those weird creatures!" I retorted.

"Ah, my dear you are far different from your species. Definitely more beautiful."

I blushed at his comment, "I know, I'm a trophy wife, because you're old."

"My pet, that comment hurts me, I'm not old." He frowned.

"Aww, did I hurt Loki's ego."

"Yes, yes you did, now give me a kiss to make it up to me." Loki pointed to his lips and winked. I went to kiss him, but instead of kissing him on the lips, I redirected the kiss to his cheek. "Pet, you missed."

"I'm not falling for your stupid trick." I wasn't going to play the idiot and give him another kiss.

"I've picked a smart queen for me, it seems." Loki surprised me by picking me up, taking me to another part of the beach.

"Loki where are we going?" I ask.

"Our date, a dinner on the beach." He replies. He sets me down on the sand and pulls out a chair from the table that's set up on the beach. Surrounding the table are rose petals and candles.