Hydra?

Chapter 13

A man dressed in a dark suit came over my way. He had long brunette hair. He was wearing a pin with a red octopus on it. Hydra. His stare was intimidating, "It's always a pleasure to meet our lovely queen."

"May I ask who you are?"

"I'm Bucky Barnes." He said with a smile.

He lifted his hand and I shook it being polite. I didn't want to make a scene. Loki could be cruel with his punishments.

"My queen you look beautiful this evening." He spoke softly, his deep voice smooth. "Congratulations on your announcement."

I was a little uncomfortable, Hydra was Shield's number one enemy. I don't trust this Bucky Barnes guy.

"Thank you, so much." I looked for an escape from this conversation. Finding none, I go on about topics like the weather. If he notices my uneasiness, he doesn't show it.

Things take a turn in our conversation when he picks up a more interesting topic, "We can cut the small talk, I hope. I know about the Avenger's plan and your part in it. Funny though, that you know nothing about it."

I was utterly flabbergasted, "Excuse me?"

"I know we've only just met, but I'm not Hydra. I mean I am, but I don't want to be. That's not important, what is, is that the mission Agent Romanoff is planning you to carry out is a suicide mission."

I look around the room, nobody's listening. "It doesn't matter if I live, it only matters that Loki's rule is put to an end, and Earth is free."

"Don't you understand, if it was as easy as killing Loki, Earth would already be free. Someone would've killed him by now. Surely Thor would've been able to kill him, if not imprison him."

I wanted nothing for to run away and tell myself everything he was telling me was untrue, but I know that I'd be lying to myself. I've been to nervous to even think about trying to control Loki to the point of giving up Earth, or even maybe getting a divorce between us. Killing Loki wasn't an option, I was too attached to him, even if it would set my mind free of him, it'd break my heart to kill him.

"So, what do we do?

"We have to kill the one that's pulling his strings."

"What do you mean, we have to-" I was interrupted by him shoving a piece of paper in my hand. He brings my hand up to his face and kisses it like a gentleman.

"It was nice meeting you, your highness." He looks over my shoulder and I follow his gaze. Loki's walking over to me. I discreetly fold the paper into my bra while Loki has a stare down with Bucky.

They share a handshake, Loki, making sure to intimidate Bucky by giving him one of those 'she's my property' caveman handshakes.

Bucky speaks first, "Her highness was telling me how excited she is to find out the gender of the baby."

I follow along, "I was hoping for a boy, but I don't mind a girl."

I rest my head on Loki's shoulder when he pulls me towards him and wraps his arms around my waist. "I want a girl to spoil to no ends, but that doesn't mean I won't spoil a boy either."

"I'll leave you two alone, goodbye your highnesses." Bucky leaves with a nod.

Loki turns me towards himself, "Do I need to remind you what happens when you flirt with other men, pet?"

"No, Loki, I didn't flirt with him." I pout, "He isn't even cute or my type."

He didn't seem convinced, "And, what is your type, pet?"

Anyone but you. "Handsome kings with long black hair, green eyes that make me swoon, and a silver tongue." I kissed him on his soft lips, "Lucky for me, I married a man that fits the description."

He growls, "I'll show you what this silver tongue can do, my queen." He bites my brand that's fully visible in my sleeveless long green dress Loki picked out for me. He always makes sure it's on display when we're in public.

"Let's go, my queen. Time to get you both to bed." He rubs my belly and leads me out of the White House. Then we begin our journey back to Stark Tower, my cage.

-

I go to my monthly ultrasound. Without Loki. It's unusual. He's usually with me for my appointments.

I didn't go to Dr. Foster this time, Loki didn't like her and changed her as my doctor ever since we found out about my pregnancy. He said she talked to much.

My current doctor is quiet and reserved, she's nice. Her name is Dr. Knightly. Loki doesn't trust a male to be my doctor and requested specifically that I had to have a female doctor. He had hospital room set up in one of the vacant rooms in the tower for when I give birth. It had all the machines and devices needed for the rest of my pregnancy.

Except for her questions about how I'm doing medically, the room was quiet. It felt like forever until she got to the ultrasound. She rubbed the gel on my round stomach and showed me my baby on the screen.

"There's your child, ma'am." She pointed to the mass resembling a baby. "Would you like to know the gender?"

"Yes, please." I mutter.

"You're having a-" We're interrupted by Loki coming into the room.

"Sorry, I wasn't here to take you, pet." He stood next to me and looked at the ultrasound machine.

"It's fine, where were you?"

He dismissed my question, "It doesn't matter." I'm not going to push him, it'll only make things worse for me.

"What did you say the gender was doctor?"

"Oh... Your having a healthy baby girl." She turned the screen so Loki could see it. My heart melted when looked at it with adoration in his eyes.

He entangled his large hand with mine, "This is our little bundle of life, (y/n)." He kissed me, "I love you, so much. Thank you for everything."

Loki rubbed my face, brushing away my tears. I hadn't even realized I was crying.

If Bucky was telling the truth, I might accept my love for Loki. If somebody was pulling his strings, I would fight for him. I'd need to get rid of him, for our baby. I'd do anything to save my family.

Author's Note

Apologies for the short chapter, I forgot to write for the last two weeks.

Thank you for reading!