Tea Party

Chapter 16

At seven and a half months pregnant you’d think I’d give up trying to save the world, but no here I am. I’m staring at Loki’s peaceful face while trying to sneak away to the scarry “dungeon”. He just too handsome to leave alone. If I had a camera, I’d take a picture so it could last longer.

I might have slipped a heavy sedative into his whiskey. Enough of it to knock a dinosaur out, and even more. It took three glasses of it to make him tired. Five till he passed out. He’s currently snoring on the cold floor.

I would’ve helped him, but I’m already carrying enough weight. I did put a blanket on him, and then put a pillow under his head. I’m not a savage.

I kissed his brow, and then ran or in my case waddled fast. I needed to free the Avengers.

I made it the elevator and waited to get to my destination. My plan has to go off without a hitch.

I walk into the depressing dark dungeon floor and find the only occupied cells in the entire floor.

“Hey there, twerp.” A voice I assume to be The Tony Stark’s.

When I find him I’m a little more than shocked. “Stark… You’re--Well stark naked.” I turned around and closed my eyes trying to burn the memory from existence.

Banner spoke up, “So you’ve noticed.”

“Noticed what?” I asked.

“Stark has a tramp stamp of Pepper tattooed on himself.”

“That was Pepper? I thought it was a really bad caricature of Donald Trump.” I snickered.

Stark whined, “Hey! What’s wrong with my show of affection to my lovely girlfriend?”

I raised my eyebrow, “Other than it’s tattooed on your lower back?”

“What weird things humans do to show their love to each other.” Thor grimaced.

I shrugged, “The heart wants what the heart wants, even if the owner is an idiot.”

“What are you here for?” Rogers sounded uneasy, “Loki isn’t with you.”

“To tell stories around the campfire...” I rolled my eyes, “To get you out of this hell hole obviously!”

“Sorry if I’m skeptical, but do you really think this is a good idea?” Rogers questioned. “I mean you are pregnant, shouldn’t you be worried about the baby more?”

“I--” I stuttered. “I’m only doing what is right…”

“Haven’t you considered what would happen if anything goes wrong?”

“But--”

Stark interrupts, “What if you get hurt? What if this ends badly? What if the fetus dies before it’s born? What if Loki dies and the child never gets to see or know his father?”

“Then--Then that’s a risk I’m going to have to make.”

I know taking this risk is going to be better than if I let Thanos ruin the world. This will work. This baby will live in a better world than this one.

“I think you’re crazy.” Stark said bluntly.

I glared at him, “You have no room to talk.”

“What are you waiting for?” Thor butted it. “Get us out of here!”

Listening to Thor I take press the release button, “Happy now?”

Thor grinned childishly, “Very.”

“What’s the plan?”

The room is silent. Nobody has a plan. Not even me. I was slowly regretting my decision.  

“We can’t do anything if we don’t even know where Thanos is.” Banner spoke. “We need to talk to Loki.”

“What if he doesn’t tell us his location?”

“Then we force if from him.”

I was stunned, “Loki isn’t the problem, Thanos is. We shouldn’t have to torture the answers out of him.”

They ignored me and headed to the elevators. They can’t be serious. Surely, they would realize Loki isn’t the villain. Right?

I took a deep breath and followed them. Hopefully Loki has woken up by now and he isn’t drooling on the carpet still. Maybe it’s better if he’s asleep, then he won’t be that mad.

Who am I kidding, he’s probably looking for me right now.

The elevator dings open and the brooding god of mischief stands there angrier than he’s been in a while. He sees the Avengers and is taken back only for a second, until he lands his gaze on me. If looks could kill, then I be a roadkill.

“You’re going to need a good explanation to get yourself out of this one.” Loki spits.

“We’re planning on having a tea party.” I smile poorly.

“I brought popsicle and kitty!” Stark cheers and raises his sock puppet friends.

Loki ignores him and pulls my arm towards him. “Why did I wake up on the floor?” He seethes “Why are those cretins roaming free?” He looks me up and down, “Why are you not resting?”

I huff, “I’m just doing what I think is right. I let the Avengers loose because they can defeat Thanos. Once he’s gone then our child can live safe and happy.”

“What does ‘safe’ and ‘happy’ mean to you?” He argues. “What if safe in happy is putting our daughter in more danger? You have two months until you are due. You will need to recover and take care of our little girl.”

The feminist in me ranted, “Why can’t you take care of our little girl?”

“Because I will be making sure you both are safe from danger. Unlike what you’re doing now.”

As much as I wanted to be touched by Loki’s sweetness, I have to get Thanos’ location.

“Where is Thanos?” I question him.

“You definitely do not need to know.” He leered at the Avengers, “They should be in their cells, it’s a step above the death they should’ve gotten.”

I smack his arm, “‘Tell me!”

“No, my dear pet.” He uses his index finger to tilt my head up to see his face. “I will not hesitate to put you back on your knees to keep you both safe.”

There’s the cold Loki. The one that frightens me. I could become just his pet again. Not the mother, wife, and queen that Loki sees me as now, even if I don’t see it in myself.

“Wait is there no tea?” Stark butted in. “I have been lied to.” He shoved his sock puppet friends into his pockets. “Seriously, are you to done with you ‘ trouble in paradise’ moment or what?”

“I can’t tell you where Thanos is.” Loki told us.

“Why not?”

“Because I don’t know where he is.” Loki explained “He contacts me.”

“Then we wait.”

“For what.” I ask.

“For Thanos to come to Loki.” Rogers replied.

Author's Note

Merry Chrysler!

I've been so busy with school and extra curricular activites that I haven't had time to write. No biggie. I won't stop writing this story until it's finished so don't panic. Unless that's your fetish, then go ahead.

Thank you for reading, Lovelies.

~Jenna