♦ Home ♦

Chapter 9

You want to go home right?

Don't tell him, he'll keep you here if you tell him.

If one person knew anything, it would be that godforsaken rogue, Theo. As I stalk to their base, I dwell on whether I should kill the rogue after interrogating him. Just that man knowing more about my mate than I do irritates my wolf and I.

As I entered their camp ground the whispers begin. Women gathering the children and taking them to the farthest reach of this piece of land. Male rogues shouting orders, one calling for Theo.

I stood at the very center of their 'home' and waited for Theo to make his appearance. It didn't take long, by the time the rogues surrounded me, Theo had come running out from a tent.

"He came alone," a man behind me assessed.

"Alpha Pain... we haven't done anything-"

"I need to speak to you in private." Just opening my mouth I sense everyone take a step back.

"Anything you say can be said here." I enjoy watching Theo resist his urge to cower before me.

"We will talk in private, Theo." My command is something no werewolf of alpha class or lower can fight. It's in their nature, the weak, to follow the strongest. Only those that possess higher power than myself can challenge my word.

None of these weaklings can.

I see that as even Theo, a rogue of beta blood, lowers his head in submission. I can tell he hates this control I have over him, as do the rest.

Since they're all frozen in place, I take the initiative and advance towards Theo. And like water against rock, the rogues disperse to let me through. Theo simply turns around and follows me to a secluded area, which merely consisted of a picnic table and some space for a garden.

"What do you want?" Theo finally speaks up and so I get to the point.

"I need my mate to stay and you know how I can do that." His eyes dilate and I notice how he, very badly, tries to control his heart beat.

"I don't-" I have him by his neck before he even tries to finish his sentence.

"You will tell me what I need to know, or else your little establishment here, will be burned down. Along with your women and children-" I tighten my grip on his neck, growing out my nails to dig into his flesh. "All that you've built here will be gone, I will make you watch as it's all taken from you. Their blood will be on your hands." I push him down to the ground and I watch as he gasps for air.

"You're a fucking monster. You think you'll be able to keep your mate from leaving? After she finds out the type of monster you are, she'll run from you." I snicker at that. I have a feeling, that won't be the case.

"I will give you one last chance to tell me what I want to know." I shower Theo with my authority and power. It makes him squeeze his eyes shut and bite the inside of his mouth. But that alone won't do.

"Name... give her a name and she'll stay." A victorious smile makes its way on to my lips as I watch his ego crumble.

I turn around and I begin to walk the way I came. The camp is silent, the rogues just watch as I walk away. One man in particular catches my eye. Why wouldn't he? It's almost as if he's trying to kill me through his gaze. But not just because of that.

In a speed only an alpha can possess, I'm behind the man. One hand holding his head up, and the other with my nails to his throat.

"No!" Theodore voice echoes through the camp as he runs towards me.