Prologue Part2

Kali shifted into her wolf and ran deeper into the woods. She knew that at the outskirts of the forest there was a small house where a witch came from time to time to sell spells and potions in exchange for something precious. Rumours said that those who were seeking out the witch would end up in that house.

She went to seek out the witch because she was desperate. She was taught from a young age that witches were liars, deceivers, cheaters and always took more than anyone was willing to give. 

Kali ran and ran to the ends of the woods, with a bag hanging from her mouth. Just when she thought she'd never find the house or the witch, she crashed into a wooden door so suddenly her wolf couldn't stop in time and the door broke into splinters, making her wolf skid to a stop inside the shack with a loud screeching sound on nails against wood.

Kali figured she was in the right place finally. Now she could only wait and hope that the witch would show up soon and decide it was worth trading with her.

She made herself comfortable in her wolf form and laid on on the floor. Just when she was about to doze off she saw the witch materialise in front of her and instantly rose into all four of her paws and growled loudly at the newcomer for startling her.

"Ahahaha. Werewolf Queen. To what do I owe the honour of your visit?" laughed the witch taking a step back, with her hands outstretched in front of her, ready to defend in case of attack.

Kali forced herself to ignore the witch's disrespectful tone. Beggars couldn't be choosers.

Shifting back to her human form she replied "I want two potions. One to kill a werewolf and one to make myself the strongest wolf of the pack" she told the witch, getting straight to the point "I'll give you all of these jewellery as payment for your services." Kali threw the bag full of chains, bracelets and rings made of precious metals and stones at the witch's feet.

The mad witch's eyes took on a evil glint and her sinister smile made Kali stand on alert even more "I'll take the jewellery as payment for one potion" she said picking up the bag "but for the other you must pay with your werewolf blood."

Kali snarled at the witch and launched for her throat to only be thrown away by an invisible force and hitting the wall with her back and crumpling to the floor.

The witch approached her with a knife in hand and cut Kali's wrist. She took out two vials from the pockets around the belt she was wearing around her waist and filled them with Kali's blood. Kali stayed still, she knew it was useless to put up a fight anyway.

As she put away the vials, the witch informed Kali with a wicked smile "Every time your blood is used in spells or potions your body will be in excruciating pain."

Kali just glared at the evil creature in front of her, making a note to herself to one day do the world a favour and rid it of the evil, manipulative witch.

Laughing wickedly, the witch got out two different potions from her pockets and threw them to Kali who caught them in her uninjured hand "The purple potion kills and the orange one strengthens, only temporary though...maybe a few days."

Then the witch took something else out of her pockets and held them to her chest and disappeared just the way she had appeared. Leaving behind only the echoes of her ugly laugh.