Chapter two

Viviane woke up exactly two minutes before the alarm went off. She always woke up just a few minutes before the alarm went off and stayed in bed with her eyes closed, until the device actually went off. She had developed that internal clock a long time ago from having to wake up for school every day at the same time and although it had been about a year since she graduated, she still woke up at the exact same time. It was a weekday, and even if she didn't have anything on her schedule, everyone else in her family had work, so breakfast would be served at the usual time.

She took her silk sleep mask off of her eyes and stretched her arm towards the bedside table and stopped the alarm clock. She counted 1-5 backwards and promptly got out of her bed. After pulling the curtains apart and checking that it was a lovely weather she went to her bathroom to get ready for her day.

She wore a pair of ripped, skinny, black jeans, a marine green off shoulder top and a pair of black low hills with fancy intricate designs on the laces. She had had the same short hairstyle for years. The only change she made to her layered angled bob recently was dying it dark red. She liked keeping it short, it was so much easier to wash, dry and comb, plus she didn't experience that bothersome headache due to having heavy, long, thick hair. She brushed her short hair and smoothed out all the tangles. She sprayed some perfume over her head and made a twirl. Lastly she wore her jewellery: a bracelet, made of Tourmalinated quartz crystals blessed by her grandma on her wrist, a diamond shaped diamond amulet, filled with thousands of spells, that her mother passed down to her, and a silver anklet filled with magical Yellow Jasper stones gifted to her by her aunt Francine. All these would protect her from harm while looking like pretty, innocuous accessories.

She gave one last look at her reflection. Satisfied, she grabbed her purse and dashed down the stairs to the kitchen.

Following the delicious smell of food she ended up in the where the food was. Her house was as big as her family, meaning massive. The kitchen, dining room and living room were open, continuous and with a high ceiling above. Butler Sanchez was serving breakfast at the dining table.

"Good Moooorniiiing" she greeted her family cheerfully while going to pet her dog who ran to her, happily barking his affection, as soon as he saw her.

"Morning sweetie" answered her mom without looking up from the newspaper she was reading. Her mother was a member of the Witch Queen's council, the prestigious position was passed down from her grandmother to her mother when the current Witch Queen rose to the throne. When the next Queen took the throne, Viviane was expected to fill her mother's seat in the council.

"Morning" grumbled her dad, waving her way for a split second before going back to his work documents. Her father was a web designer and mostly worked from home. He was currently working on a big project. The closer the deadline was approaching the more he seemed stressed out. Her mother always said to leave him alone during these times as not to stress him further.

Her older brother, Eduardo, didn't even replay to her greeting, he was too absorbed with his iPhone and probably didn't even know what was happening around him. After he had failed to become a soldier of the Queen's Army, he went on to becoming a personal trainer, PT. He was fit and always flaunted his muscles like a peacock. His phone was filled with thousands of pictures of his eight packs alone.

"Good Morning Sausage" greeted back her grandma with a cheerful smile that matched her own "slept well?"

Her grandma and her were the only ones who didn't have to rush breakfast to go to work, which was probably why they were both cheerful and looking forward to the rest of the day.

"Pretty well grandma" nodded Vivi, taking her seat at the table next to her brother "I even had a nice dream for once...although I forgot the details already."