Blue Thoughts

•F/N: Father's Name
•E/C: Eye Color
•Y/N: Your Name

——————————————
Your POV:
___________________________

——————————————Your POV:___________________________

___________________________

"Neil, I'm back," I announce while entering the room. I expected to see his head pop up by the edge of the pool, like he usually does, but, surprisingly, he doesn't. I hum softly, wondering what's up as I step closer to the water.

'Maybe he didn't hear? He could be in the deepest part of the water or something.' Figuring I'll wait, I kick off my sandals before having a seat on the ledge of the pool to dip my feet into the salty liquid. I frown as I sit there, moving my feet to gain the merman's attention, but he doesn't surface. I start to worry a little.

"Neil?" I call out again. Relief washes over me when I see his raven locks rise to the top of the water followed by his eyes, and I give a small smile. He was near the deep end, like I had expected, but I'm sure he saw me with his incredible eyesight. I pat my lap to motion him over, and he complies, but at an oddly slow pace. Usually, he loves to dive in and out of the water excitedly to reach me. My lips form a straight line as he comes closer, and I instantly notice the large patches of missing scales on his tail, leaving the bare spots a dull grey color. I frantically get into the cold water to check on him, not knowing what had happened to my aquatic friend.

"Oh my gosh! Neil, are you okay? Your scales!" He whimpers in response while grasping my shoulders to nuzzle his face against the crook of my neck. I gently take his face in my hands and pull us apart enough to get a look at his features. His dark eyes are glazed over, and the vibrant blue scales on his body have dulled greatly. I sigh as he nudges against my hand for comfort. "I hope you aren't sick." My heart clenches painfully at the thought.

'What if this is a sign that he's dying? I don't want to lose him too. There must be something I can do to help.' Neil coos softly with a tilted head at my sad expression and brings his webbed claw up to touch my face, but I grab it delicately before he could. "Wait here for me, okay?" He whimpers again but nods before pressing his lips against my forehead for a few moments and sinking back into the water. His hands were reluctant to release me, so I ruffle his hair to assure him I'll come back. I exit he pool and find a towel to wrap myself in before heading upstairs.

'I think I know something that can shed some light on the problem.'

__________________________
Neil's POV:
__________________________

I don't understand. Something's very wrong with me, but I don't know why. My body feels so heavy and sore, I can hardly swim. My mind is weak, and I feel tired. I had to spend the whole night lying in the sand while waiting for Y/N's return.