ten

caleb's pov

mila opens the door and soon i am faced with her beautiful self.

"would you consider going on a date with me?" i ask. she flicks her eyes to me and then back to her friend that resided in her clean living room.

it literally feels like i've been standing here for ten years, just watching mila's shocked expression. i'm not afraid of her answer, i'll just be embarrassed if she says no, who would say no to me though?

she gives me a forced smile, "can we talk alone?" she asks and i nod.

she steps outside to me, closing the door behind her. her face suddenly turns serious.

"what the hell are you doing" she asks through gritted teeth and my eyes widen.

"asking you on a date? wow, it's true. the pretty ones are the most clueless ones."

"that's inappropriate and unprofessional." she tells me.

i'm well aware of that, but i don't really care. if she doesn't want me after another week, i'll just make ellie, my secretary, my new target. mila speaks up, making me snap back to our conversation. 

mila+

"why are you suddenly asking me?" i ask.

i've been trying to avoid caleb as much as i can, but it's hard and it's only been one day. i am his personal assistant. we just got a little too personal last night.

"i'm sorry." i shake my head. "i mean, i would, but it's just not right for me to be going out on a date with my boss." i purse my lips, spilling the truth.

i want his mouth on me again, though. my thoughts keep turning and flipping around with each passing second. caleb's eyebrows lower in disappointment as he fully interprets and absorbs my words.

"i'm sorry."

"you don't have to apologize." his tone is suddenly cold.

my eyes widen and i'm taken aback. not sure why he'd even want to go out with me in the first place. if we ever became a thing, people would think i got the job because i slept with him.

"i'll see you monday morning." he mumbles, running his hand through his hair and turning around to exit my apartment. 

i could only sigh. i didn't know what to do for him, especially since he has a tantrum every other day. i go back inside and the door literally smashes sadie in the face, making me laugh hysterically.

"were you listening?" i shout in the midst of laughing.

she nods, holding her forehead, "your boss asked you out. i want chosen jacobs to ask me out. well that's if he hires me."

i shrug, " i turned him down." i say, referring to caleb just a moment ago.

her eyes widen and she frowns, "what the hell, mila! why? you haven't had dick in so long."

"shut up." i laugh. "it would be weird if i went out with my boss."

realistically, i regret saying no now, but it's the right choice. going out with him could risk my job in the future and that's not what i want. i'd rather deal with a very grumpy caleb everyday than be jobless.

the front door opens, startling me and noah casually strolls in, looking confused as ever.

"why is my future boss sitting in his car in the parking lot?" noah asks me and my eyebrow raises.

"he's still here?" i ask and he nods his head.

i huff, slipping on my shoes and heading outside. noah and sadie both follow me out and i don't really care at this point. i peek inside of his very tinted sports car and his phone is shining up at him. i knock on the glass window and he rolls his down.

"what?" he asks.

"what do you mean what?" i mock. "why are you still here?" 

"i'm figuring out where to go for lunch. calm down. you're not that special. i'm not here waiting for you to change your mind." he snaps, making noah stifle a laugh.

i elbow his rib and he coughs uncomfortably and in pain. caleb's old ways are back. he's an asshole all over again. just because i said no to his offer. not saying anything, i turn back to go inside and only sadie follows me. i assume noah is trying to score a job with caleb.

"he annoys me so much." i scoff, rolling my eyes to be dramatic.

"then quit." sadie tells me as if it was the easiest thing ever.

"it's not that easy sadie. i have bills to pay." i tell her, shrugging my shoulders.

"come apply at chosen jacob's business with me." she says and i shake my head.

"no way." 

"but that's gonna be weird going back to work. you turned him down and he's going to be so distant." 

"i know." i sigh. "but it was for the better."

i should be the one honestly scared of him rejecting me, but he asked me first, surprising the hell out of me. i walk towards the kitchen, finding something the drink in the fridge. being underage, i have nothing alcoholic to drown myself in.

"you sure you're okay with going back to work with him?" saide asks, wanting reassurance and i'm about to yell at her at any given moment.

"i'll be fine, sadie" i breathe, taking out a water bottle.

what's the worst he can even do besides fire me?

{vote, comment, share}

im back and uploading daily! i love all you guys and thank you for all the love and words of support!