fourteen

caleb's pov

the next day i wait for mila to walk into my office. i realize that she's two hours late. i'm not happy about that, but i don't feel like putting her through shit today. i wait expectantly as she enters.

all of a sudden, i hear the doorknob jiggle.

"you sure handpick employees well." mila sarcastically tells me right when she walks in. "teach your fucking workers to whisper better." she curses and my eyebrows raise.

what?

"who was talking about you?" my eyes narrow.

"some girls on the first floor." she shrugs, taking a seat.

okay, after she's gone through that, i don't really feel like confessing and making her day much more worse. truth is, i haven't fired alexa and i can't yet. she's new and i'm sure she has potential.

"i'll deal with them." i mumble while annoyingly clicking my pen.

"don't worry." mila tells me which confuses me so much. "i can deal with it on my own."

"but you said- never mind." i shake my head.

i'll leave it alone because i don't want to have to deal with firing them and then going through some more job applications. as of now, we're full, but i did interview mila's friend yesterday and gave him the job.

if it makes her feel less sad here, then i'll hire him. plus, i'm not worried about both of them. he doesn't look like someone she'd go for. my phone rings and mila looks at it as do i.

"yes?" i answer.

"jack johnson is here for his first day, sir."

"send him up." is the only thing i say before hanging up.

"geez." mila laughs, making me smile a little. "you should be a little more polite. they do work f