Chapter Two

"....I knew Daniella was going to go to Jail. Well I mean obviously. But I needed to keep you and the kids safe. I couldn't live if something happened to you guys." He sighed.

"And how did you solve everything by leaving us?" I asked, angered about the situation.

"I'm getting to that," he crossed his arms. "So what comes next is about to be harsh, are you prepared for that?"

"I just want to know what happened." I told him truthfully.

"I paid everyone in the hospital to keep quiet about the fact that I was stable. I asked them to tell everyone I was dead. Of course, it took some guts. You have no idea how badly it hurt, you don't understand how badly I wanted to come home." Alex said.

"Okay, continue." I said.

"If the government believed that I was dead, that would mean she would be in prison for life since she's already on their record for stalking and kidnapping. So her killing someone would send her to a life sentence." He explained.

I nodded my head suddenly getting at what he was saying, "So, why did it take three years?"

"Lauren, I wasn't sure if I could ever come back." Alex said.

"But now you're able to?" My eyes lit up.

"Uh...not exactly. You see, I could get in big trouble for lying about my death." His eyes darted behind him.

"That's right, a lot of trouble from me." I said sternly.

"Well yes, but also the government." He said nervously.

"So, you're saying, that, you're not able to explain to them that your were simply protecting your family?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Baby, it's not that simple." Alex's voice became gentle and soft.

"Don't call me that. No. You left me! You left this family! God Alex, you put me through straight hell!" I yelled, holding up my palm.

"I understand. But, I could get into a lot of trouble because, well one she didn't actually kill anyone. And she was killed inside of the prison they put her in." Alex tilted his head.

"Wait. What? How? Who killed her?" I asked curiously, not really showing any sympathy.

"Some inmate, they got in a big fight. And..it got too far I guess." Alex explained.

"Where have you been staying?" I asked, wanting nothing but answers.

"With Aaron and Serena. They've known about me the whole time." Alex went pale.

"That explains why I've rarely seen them," I raised my eyebrow, not surprised. "Were you the one who asked me to come here?"

"Yes."

Suddenly, I unexpectedly broke out again in tears, "Alex, I want you to come home."

"I want to too. But I can't." Alex said pulling me into a hug.

I unwillingly hugged back. I've missed him so much, I just couldn't resist anymore. I still loved him and I've wanted him back for so long, why wasn't I ecstatic about it being true? Yes, I was happy. But, why wasn't I thrilled out of my mind? What would this mean for us? Would he be able to come home ever? Are we still legally married? Questions filling my mind.

"Why? You can hide." I quivered.

"Nicky and Bev?" He softly grabbed my chin.

"They aren't going to tell everyone. Nicole and Beverley are good kids." I explained them. "I just want you back."

"I am back. Just...not fully." He said, pulling my jaw closer.

"When will I see you next?" I asked, in a whisper.

"Soon," he whispered back, silencing our mumbles with a kiss.

I enjoyed it so much. It's been years since I have had that, and it's just like I remember it. Perfect.