Chapter Four

"Hey baby," I said walking down the stairs.

"Hey, love." Alex said waiting for me at the bottom.

I was in a really fancy dress and he was in a button up shirt with a tie. We were both really dressed up.

"We haven't had a date night in a really long time," he smiled. Kissing the top of my head as I grabbed his hand while walking down the last step.

"I'm glad we're getting one now." I chuckled.

"Me too. I'm sure the kids will be fine. They love the twins." He intertwined our fingers together.

"Wasn't even worried, I already knew they would be fine." I smiled.

He winked flirtatiously and we walked to the car. Alex opened my door and let me sit down in the passengers side. He closed the door gently but hard enough for it to actually close.

He drove us to the Hollywood sign. Somewhere, I haven't been since I was very young. We made our way up the hill and sat down among the red and orange sky. The light tinted the side of my face.

"You look beautiful chicken nugget." He whispered in my ear.

"Thank you." I said cuddling into his chest.

"You are my everything, Lauren. I love you so much." He said holding me tightly.

I looked up from his grip and pecked him on the lips, "Alexander Burriss, you are my entire world."

Entire world

Entire

World.

                                 ~     ~     ~     ~

"Entire world." I mumbled under my breath, I thought I was awake. I thought that dream might've been real. I realized it wasn't, and I never wanted to wake up. Instead I'm sitting behind the wheel, trying to keep myself together while dropping my kids off at school.

"What did you say momma?" Nicole asked from the backseat.

"Oh nothing. It was just something I dreamed about last night." I answered.

"What did you dream about?" Beverley asked curiously.

"Um," I tried to come up with something. "Going on another hike with your aunt and uncles again!" I lied.

"We should do that again! And this time with daddy!" Beverley exclaimed.

My eyes widened and my jaw dropped. I pulled over to the side of the road and snapped my head back, "Beverley how did you know about daddy?"

"Nicole told me." She smiled innocently.

I glanced at Nicole who looked scared out of her mind, "She's my twin mommy. I thought I could tell her. Besides Bev is like my best friend."

My angry look turned soft, "Just don't tell anyone else, okay?"

"Okay." Nicole and Bev agreed.

I dropped Nicky and Bev off at school and headed back home. I called in sick to work, they believed me since I usually never miss a day on the job. I'm loyal and it pays well so I make sure not to screw it up.

For the first few hours, I had no idea what to do. I was completely new to this staying home thing, well for the last three years anyway. It's been a while. Watching tv was the closest thing I had to an activity so I did it. Thirty minutes in and I heard a knock on my door. So I went to answer it, like a normal person.