Chapter Five

The birds chirping. The sun shining directly on my face. A slightly snoring dog laying by my feet. The heat of two bodies laying amongst each other. One hand flown across my waist. I blinked my eyes. Once. Then twice. Then three times. I was awake now, taking in my surroundings. Ethan laying right beside me, my back turned towards him.

I was hungry and wanted coffee. I carefully slid out of Ethan's grip and went downstairs. I grabbed Ethan's shirt laying on the ground by the couch and put it on, completely oversized for me.

I went to the kitchen and began brewing coffee and pouring the cereal until I heard a small pitiful knock at my door. I went to go open it, very curious to see who would be at my door so early in the morning. Opening the door, I completely forgot I was wearing Ethan's shirt.

"ETHAN GRANT DOL-" Grayson stopped talking and looked me up and down with wide eyes. "A-are you wearing Ethan's shirt?" He yelled.

"Yes?" My mind searched for reasonable answers but I drew a blank.

"Where is my brother?" Grayson's eyes filled with anger.

I didn't have enough courage to answer. I just stood there staring at him like an idiot.

"Hello?" He waved his hand in front of me.

"U-upstairs...he um he slept here last night." I stuttered.

"Oh and he was just so nice to lend you his clothes too?" Grayson scolded.

Grayson forced himself inside and found the pile of clothes from yesterday's events laying on the floor. Without warning, he broke out in tears. This I didn't understand.

"Um. Gray why are you crying?" I asked cautiously.

"Y-you and E-Ethan?" His eyes found their way to look me directly in the eyes.

"Uh." I paused. "Yeah."

He fell to the ground on his knees. His face cupped by his hands.

"Gray?" Ethan asked on his way down the steps.

Gray stood up. His lips quivered but his expression remained angry.

"Ethan Dolan...w-why?" He let another tear flow down his cheek. "Y-you said it would never happen a-again. Y-you told me t-that i-it wasn't r-real."

Ethan rushed down the stairs and caught his younger brother as Grayson's legs began to weaken. "Gray...I-I'm Sorry. I'm so so sorry." Ethan started to cry as well.

"No you're not Grant! You keep doing this to me!" Gray spat.

I stood there. In shock. Completely unaware of what was actually going on.

"You were mad at me! I had no where else to go." Ethan choked back tears.

"So you come here? We could've worked something out. I don't understand, every time we fight, you end up with someone else." Gray crawled out of Ethan's arms.

I stumbled back in shock, suddenly feeling some nostalgia from a few years back...a week before Alex and I's wedding.

*flashback*

I turned towards Alex who was sitting on the couch with his hands in his lap.

"What?" I asked suspiciously.

"I believe I'm right." He said knowingly.

"About what?"

"You realize Ethan never left Grayson's side, not even in the videos." He continued. "And when Ethan went in for that bro hug, Grayson was giving him mean looks."