1

Tobin's POV

Christen press. The girl with the "captivating" green eyes and "perfect" smile. The girl who is tidy, and on time for everything. All she's ever done was ruin my day. I don't think there was ever a time that I didn't hate her, and when she didn't hate me. She moved here at the beginning of middle school, and I thought she was cool at first, but we instantaneously started arguing about EVERYTHING. I guess we have kind of recently let the feud die down, but we still held some grudges. I kinda want to get close to her but I'm not really sure.
.
.
.
Friday Morning
"TOBIN" my mom called out from downstairs "Kelley is here to pick you up, and if you don't get down here soon she's gonna leave!!". Just as she finished her sentence I skipped down the stairs, dressed and ready to go.
"Hiya mama!" I said in a joyful tone. "Don't give me that, you're late." She replied sternly.
"Okay Ma I gotta go then, I'll see you after school" I said kissing her on the cheek and running out the door to Kelley's car.
"Finally" Kelley said letting out a sigh of relief. "I wake up late every day Kells, but we always make it to school in time" I said, lightly punching her arm. "Oh shove it, maybe it's time your parents bought you a car so I don't have to keep driving you everywhere" she said in a fake angry voice. "Oh come onnn, you know you love me" I teased, pinching one of her freckled cheeks. She quickly swatted my hand away and we continued driving in a comfortable silence.

Once we got to the school Kelley parked in her usual spot in between Alex and Allie. "Hey Harry" Allie greeted as I got out of the passengers seat. "Good morning Harry!" I said back giving her a hug. "Tobs!" I felt someone jumping on my back. I look up and see Alex, one of my closest friends. We've known each other since we were little. "Hey Lex" I chuckled while she hopped off my back. Allie, Alex, and I began to walk inside of the school, but noticed that Kelley had stayed behind. "What's up kells?" Allie called back to her. "We gotta wait for Pressy, she just parked" Kelley yelled back. I immediately rolled my eyes, but thankfully none of them saw. Nobody on the soccer team knows about our three year feud, they just thought we weren't very close. The two girls I was walking with stopped and I did too, mostly because I didn't want to walk in alone.

Finally after a few minutes Princess Christen walked up to us, I studied her as she did, she looked good today I thought. Wait what? No no I hate her. "Good morning everyone" she said in a cheery voice. Everyone else responded and I gave her a half-hearted mumble. As we all walked to the front of our school the bell rang, and we started to split up to go to our classes. "Alright see you guys later" Allie called taking off with Alex. "And then there were three" Kelley joked. I had English with her and, you guessed it, christen. I actually kind of liked the class because I got to sit next to Kelley, but I also kind of hated it. Because Press sat in front of me.

Once we got to our seats we still had a few minutes to spare. Kelley proceeded to tell us about how she was going to have a party tonight, but just with the soccer team so it didn't get too crazy. Once our teacher walked in, the room got quiet and he began his lesson. Not gonna lie, I kind of spaced out that whole period, I was too focused on the girl in front of me. I heard Mr. M mention something about passing homework out and suddenly Christen turned around. She was passing the homework for the night back, and for what felt like forever, her eyes locked with mine. I don't know how long we were like that but I took the time to study their detail, and how green they were. "Tobin? Press?" Kelley called out looking utterly confused. "Guys the bell rang". Both of us were instantly snapped back into reality, Christen began to grab her things and so did I. "You guys are weird" Kelley commented as the three of us walked out of the room.
.
.
.
The day seemed to have gone by in a blur, because the next thing I knew, I was in Kelley's car, with Alex and Christen in the back seat. We were all driving to her house for the team party/sleepover. I made sure to pull out my phone and text my mom to tell her where I was going to be. "Ooo who ya texting Toby?" Alex said in a fake lovey voice. "Does little tobs have a girlfriend" Kelley teased back. I looked in the rear view mirror and saw Christen behind me, looking kind of upset. "No uh, it's just my mom" I stuttered back, not taking my eyes off of Press' reflection. Her mood instantly changed and it was really strange. "Ah I see, a mamas girl. Snatch her up while you can ladies, we love a girl who loves her mama" Kelley teased back, getting a reaction from Alex who began to crack up in the back seat. I looked to Christen and she let out a small giggle, wow that was the cutest thing I've ever heard. What
am I thinking? This is really weird. And before I knew it, we had arrived at Kelley's house.

Christen's POV
We had made it to Kelley's house and we all began to get out of the car. I'm not gonna lie, Tobin looked really different today. I don't know what it was but I seemed to like her more, which was odd. According to Kelley, she was staring at me all of English, and I thought I saw her looking at me through the mirror in the car. I don't know, maybe she's trying to be nicer to me.

We walked into the house and got settled in, we put our overnight bags in Kelley's room and went back to the living room. Alex hooked her phone up to a speaker and started playing music at a low volume. "Hey Lex, I need your help real quick" Kelley said running out of the room, leaving only me and a specific brown eyed girl. There was an awkward silence for a minute until Tobin sat on the couch next to me. "Press." She said, in a nervous voice. "Tobin." I acknowledged her back. I was spacing out in front of me, but I felt a pair of eyes on me, so I turned my head and was startled to see Tobin looking at me. It was like she was studying every part of my face, it was weird.
But then, our eyes locked once again and we sat there for a minute or two. "Hey Tobin?" I questioned, without breaking eye contact. "Yeah Christen?" She replied back. "Why do we hate each other?" I questioned again. "I'm not really sure..maybe we should talk about it ?" She suggested. "I guess so" I started, I was about to speak again when Kelley and Alex returned, both holding cases of alcohol.
This was going to be a rough night.
.
.
.
Hey guys, this is my first shot at a USWNT fanfic, tell me what you think! And also comment suggestions for chapters in the future!! Thanks so much for reading.
-I