9

Tobin's POV

I stayed for dinner and ended up meeting the rest of Christen's family. Her two sisters seem to have liked me, as well as her parents. "So Tobin," her Dad started "what do you plan to do after high school?" "Well sir, I plan on attending college so I can continue my soccer career" I replied giving him a smile. He simply nodded his head and continued eating. "you're probably better at soccer than Christen huh?" Tyler, her younger sister joked. I simply laughed "I couldn't even try to be half as good as your sister" I said before turning my head to look at Christen. She blushed before standing up and grabbing my arm "Okay we're gonna go to my room now, bye" before trying to drag me upstairs. "Thank you for having me!" I shouted as we ran out of the dining room.

She raced up the stairs with me close behind. She pulled me into her room and quickly shut the door. "Chris what was that abou-" she quickly cut me off. "Do you want to go on a date? Like An actual one?" She seemed nervous. "I thought all the times we hung out were kinda like dates..well unofficial dates at least" I joked. The girl standing in front of me couldn't help but smile. "But yes, I will go on a real date with you" I replied. "Now, I really need to get home before my parents get back from their trip" I said once again. "Okay, I'll walk you home, I need to get my car anyways" Christen said heading downstairs. Once we made it to the front door, she called into the house "I'm walking Tobin home!" For the rest of her family to hear. "Bye Tobin, thank you for joining us for dinner!" My mom called back. "Thank you for having me Mr. and Mrs. Press" I said before I was rushed out the door by Christen. "Okay what is your problem with dragging me-" she cut me off once again, but this time she crashed our lips together. "As much as I enjoy that, you have a problem with interrupting people mid-sentence" I joked, breaking the kiss. She rolled her eyes before kissing me again. "The way you are with my family is the sweetest thing I've ever seen. You're seriously the nicest person in the world" Christen said, keeping our eyes locked. "Okay c'mon, let's get you home" she grabbed my hand and walked with me down the street.

We made it to my house and Christen grabbed her car keys. "Okay Press, I guess I'll see you later. Text me the info about this date" I said wrapping my arm around her. I heard her chuckle before looking up at me. "I'll see you later Toby" she concluded and gave me a simple kiss on the cheek before walking out. Oh man. I ran upstairs to put the longboards away, before flopping down on my bed. I can't believe she remembered. I had to tell someone I quickly pulled out my phone and texted the group chat with Alex, Kelley, Allie and I in it.

Tobin: All three of you, get your asses to my house ASAP
Kelley: Well hello to you too Tobito
Alex: Kells and Allie I'll pick you up. See you soon
Allie (Harry): I'm bringing cookie dough.

I put my phone in my pocket and decided to go downstairs to wait for them. Eventually, i heard the door open and my three best friends walk in. "Tobin, what the actual fuck!" Kelley shouted in the entryway. "Oh good to see you're alive" Alex said as she saw me sitting on the couch. "Okay harry spill" Allie stared, throwing the cookie dough at me. "Alright, you guys gotta come sit down". The three looked skeptical, but obliged. I told them everything. About the mistletoe, Christen getting drunk, the long boarding, her asking me out on a date, the kiss. Oh god that kiss.

"So...is little Toby in love" Alex teased me, earning a laugh from the other two. "I wouldn't say love, I really like her though" I could tell I was blushing. "Well, we're happy for you Tobs" Kelley gave me a pat on the shoulder. "So when's the date?" Allie asked. "I actually have no idea, she said she'd text me the details. I haven't checked my phone, it's upstairs" I said shrugging. "GO GET IT!" All three of them yelled, chasing me up the stairs. "Alright alright!". I got the my room and unplugged my phone from the charger. 3 new messages from Christen:
C: "Hey Tobs, I had a really fun day. Thanks for dealing with my crazy family."
C: "oh and how does the date sound for tomorrow? Around noon-ish?"
C: "P.S. snowball ;)"
I tried my best to hide my grin from my friends before texting back.
T: "I had a lot of fun too! Your family is great."
T: "tomorrow it is. Noon-ish. Got it."
T: "snowball :)"

"Well?" Allie said, walking into my room. Kelley and Alex nervously awaiting my answer behind her. "So I have a date tomorrow" I tried my best to hide my grin but found that it was impossible. Christen had a crazy effect on me. Like one minute I'll be totally calm, but as soon as she's next to me I freak out. My three friends all congratulated me before they had to leave. I stayed up in my room, just thinking about today and how everything unfolded.

Christen's POV

I was eating dinner with my family when I felt my phone buzz. I saw Tobin's name pop up on my screen so I immediately had to answer. "Christen, no phones at the dinner table" my mom said. "Mom it's important" I replied, trying to open the text. "Who is it then?" She asked again, I earned all eyes on me. "Tobin." I shrugged, trying to be casual. "Oh I love Tobin" my dad started. "Me too" Channing said with a laugh. Eventually my entire family started talking about Tobin. This was insane.

I excused myself from the dinner table and bolted up to my room to check the text.
T: "want to tell me what we're doing tomorrow around noon-ish?"
C: "nope :). It's a surprise"
T: "I'm not that big on surprises Pressy"
C: "too bad.. goodnight tobyyy"
T: "night press"

I turned my phone off and plugged it in. I seriously can't wait until tomorrow.