7

Christen's POV

"So tell me about this Christmas party" I asked. "Well, Ashlyn apparently makes this really strong eggnog and I've never tried it before so I was gonna have her bring some. I was thinking about just keeping it lowkey you know? Like just have the team over instead of a huge rager" she replied with her calming voice. "Sounds fun" I took a sip of my hot chocolate. "Would you Uh, wanna help me decorate and stuff. Kelley is helping, but if you don't want to I totally understand. That was stupid to ask, a pretty girl like you probably already has plans and stuff so if you don't-" I grabbed her hand from across the table, immediately making her stop rambling. She called me pretty. "I would love to help" I giggled seeing that she was embarrassed. "Okay cool, well uh the rain stopped, so do you want to see if we can get home?" Tobin asked looking out the window. I nodded and we made our way to my car.

Time skip 1 week
Tobin's POV

"I'll get it!" Kelley shouted from downstairs, running to answer the door. "Oh hey Press!" I heard her shout. Shit. I was in my room getting changed for something more "festive". I don't know, Kelley brought me a Christmas sweater and is making me wear it. I began to walk out of my bedroom when I hit something while opening the door. "Ow fuck!" I look down to see Christen on the floor holding her head. "Oh shit Chris, I'm so sorry. Here let me see" I helped her up and made her move her hands so I could see the damage done. "Okay so the good news is there's no bumps or scrapes" I said with a chuckle. "And the bad news?" She questioned, furrowing her eyebrows. "The bad news is it looked like it fuckin hurt" I laughed, earning a light punch from her. "Okay come on, the rest of the team should be here soon" I yelled behind me as I walked down the stairs. "I thought I was gonna help you guys decorate" Christen said with a frown. "Oh yeah, I lied. Kelley already took care of it. I just wanted to spend more time with you" I realized my mouth was saying words before my brain could comprehend them. I immediately turned red and just kept walking down the stairs. "You're cute when you're embarrassed Heath" she said before the doorbell rang yet again.

Ashlyn's eggnog was insane. I took one sip and decided that was enough for me. I wasn't planning on getting wasted tonight, parties are always more fun when you get to watch the drunk people. Christen wasn't drinking either, she walked over to me at the beginning of the party and hasn't left my side since. I enjoyed just talking to her. "Hey Tobs! Can you grab my phone from the kitchen?" Alex slurred from the couch. I nodded before turning to the girl standing next to me "care to join me?" I joked. She smiled and followed me, we kept our conversation going as we made our way down the hall. Once we reached the kitchen I grabbed Alex's phone and we stood talking for a few minutes. "Ooh Toby's a lucky one!" I turned to see an obviously drunk Pinoe and Allie staring at us. "What the hell are you talking about?" I chuckled. "You might want to look up harry" Allie concluded before both of them left. Christen lifted her head up, looking at the ceiling and I did the same. Mistletoe. I silently cursed Kelley for placing it here, before turning back to the girl in front of me. "It's such a weird Christmas tradition" she chuckled, looking up at me. "Yeah uh, pretty stupid maybe we shouldn't then?" I suggested. Idiot. I could instantly see the hurt in Christen's eyes "No I-I didn't mean it like that Chris it's just-" I was cut off by her storming out of the room.

I quickly ran back into the living room, hoping she'd be there. And I was correct. She was talking to Ashlyn, who was handing her a cup. Oh no the eggnog. I handed Alex her phone and went to explain to Christen when I was cut off by Pinoe and Allie yet again. "So Tobin? Did you seal the deal?" Allie asked excitedly as Pinoe made kissing noises. "No. okay? I have to go" I started making my way towards the green eyed beauty once again, but every time I got close she walked away and would get another drink. I'm so fucking screwed. I sat down in defeat next to Moe. She didn't have to ask if anything was wrong she just simply looked at me and said "she'll come around Tobs." God I hope so.

Everyone was starting to wind down, most of the team had passed out on the living room floor. I started to clean up the cans and cups scattered throughout my house, so it'd be less work in the morning. I saw Kling passed out in my hallway, and it didn't look very comfortable, so I lightly shook her awake. She jumped and gave me a groggy look "tobiiinn! What the hell? I was sleeepinngg" she mumbled. "I know, I'm moving you to the living room with the others". She nodded and I helped her stumble through the house. Once I laid her down I made my way to my bedroom so I could finally get some sleep. But on my way there I heard a soft cry. It was coming from the bathroom. I walked to the door and gave it a knock before entering. It was Christen sitting on the floor, against the wall. "Oh, Tobin. Sorry if you need to use the bathroom I can go." She started stumbling out the door. "Christen. Please wait. Let me explain" I followed her down the hall. "Tobin I think I'm just gonna leave" She slurred, she was clearly drunk. "Christen you know that there's no way in hell I'm letting you drive home drunk" I stated. She just gave me an empty look before nodding. "C'mon let's get you to bed". I carefully picked her up and walked back to my room. I placed her on my bed and started to walk out when I was stopped. "Why didn't you kiss me?" She said with hurt in her voice. I turned around and just gave her a sad look. "Chris it's just I don't, I uh-" I stuttered out but was cut off by her mumbling. "I really like you Tobin, and I just, i- I just wanted you to kiss me" she looked toward the ground. "Christen you don't mean that. You're drunk okay?" I tried reasoning with her. "I mean it Tobin, and you try to tell me you don't feel the same way. Kiss me and try to tell me that there isn't anything between us" She slurred once more. "Christen. That would be taking advantage of you. You don't know what you're saying." I shot back. "F-fine then, how about if I remember tomorrow you'll kiss me. Give me a code word or something. Because then y-you won't be taking advantage". "Alright. If you remember the word 'snowball' tomorrow, and you actually remember it. I'll give you a kiss." I chuckled at how ridiculous her idea was. However, she seemed satisfied with my answer and quickly laid back down on the bed, falling asleep.

A/N
How're you guys liking the story so far? Comments are highly appreciated. Also, who's ready for Tournament Of Nations to start tomorrow? Wooo!