10

Christen's POV

I woke up to the sound of my phone dinging. Groaning, I rolled over to check who it was. New message: Tobin:
T: "good morning!"
T: "only half an hour until our date, can't wait"

Shit. My eyes quickly darted up to the clock on my wall. It was 11:30. I jumped out of bed and into the shower, then back into my room to get dressed. I made it out the door and to Tobin's house by 11:58. I texted Tobin to let her know I was parked outside and before I knew it, she was in the seat right beside me. "Hey Press" she said in a nonchalant way "oh by the way, these are for you" she handed me a small bouquet of flowers. "Tobs, you didn't have to get me flowers" I giggled at her trying to hide her obvious blush. "I know, but I wanted to". I gave her a grin and put the car in drive. "So I had no idea what to wear, because you wouldn't tell me what we're doing" Tobin joked, motioning to her outfit. "No you did good, casual. You're perfect". I kept my eyes on the road as we made conversation about soccer practice and school, all while I made sure not to tell her where we were going.

"Press, please tell me you didn't drive me all the way out here to murder me" Tobin joked as I put the car in park. We were in a pretty secluded area surrounded by trees. "Oh hush, we're going on a hike" I replied, giving her a light push. "A hike? You're trying to make me condition for soccer during the holidays?" She joked once again. "Yeah, how else are you gonna stay in shape? C'mon we're wasting time" I grabbed her hand and started walking with her on the trail, completely content with life.

Tobin's POV

I can't help but stare at her. She's just so perfect. I looked down at our hands intertwined together, swinging as we walked. Her breathing started to pick up as we began making our way up an incline. "Oh what's up Chris? Getting a little tired are you?" I joked, earning an eye roll from her. "Only in your dreams Heath". "Try me" I said as I broke into a sprint up the hill, with her following close behind me. The trail got thinner so we could only go single-file, and I was in front. I decided to pick up the pace to tease her a little bit but I didn't see the tree stump right in front of me. My foot got caught on one of the roots and I flung over the stump and landed on the ground.

I was in too much pain to realize that Christen was right behind me and tripped over the stump as well. Before I could react, she landed right on top of me. "Ow fuck!" She exclaimed rubbing her head. I just smiled, all of the pain that I was in just seconds before seemed to have disappeared. She just makes everything okay. "Looks like you've fallen for me once again Pressy" I joked. She quickly snapped her head to make eye contact with me, before slowly leaning in. I did too, waiting to feel the sweet relief of her lips on mine.

Once our faces were only an inch apart and her lips were hovering over mine, she began to talk. "You're the one who fell first Heath" once she finished her sentence she pulled herself up before reaching her hand out for me to take. She is gonna be the death of me.

We made it to the very top of the hiking trail, where we decided to take a seat on a bench and just relax. Well, we've been relaxing for like three hours now, just talking about anything and everything. I learned about her two dogs that she loves more than anything, her favorite flowers, that she meditates, she has a day planner to help keep herself organized, and so much more. I find everything about her incredibly intriguing. Her natural beauty just astonishes me, as well as her personality.

We were sitting in the bench, Christen had her head in my lap, looking up at the sky. I was lightly running my fingers through her bushy hair, staring off into the distance. "What do you think happens when we die?" She asked, abruptly. "That's a little morbid Chris" I joked "but I think we go to heaven." She didn't seem satisfied with my answer. "I know you're religious, but I think our spirit leaves the body and we get reincarnated into something else." I couldn't help but smile at how full of beauty she was, her imagination was running wild. "That could happen as well" I agreed with her, not wanting to ruin the moment. She sat up and just looked at me. "Did you know that when I really like something, the corners of my mouth turn upwards slightly?" I asked randomly. "No I didn't" she giggled. "Are they doing that right now?" I questioned, seeing her blush. "Yes they are actually". "Well good because, I really like you" I finished, before brushing a loose strand of hair out of her face. We held eye contact for a little bit before I made the move to lean in and close the gap between us. When our lips met I immediately got this surreal feeling of pure bliss. And that's what I feel anytime I'm with her. Bliss.