4

Tobin's POV

We all finished our breakfast and were just hanging out at Kelley's house. I felt slightly less awkward than I did earlier, I just can't believe that Pinoe and Kel thought that I was dating Christen. But the most confusing part is that I don't know if I liked her. She was definitely starting to warm up to me. "Hey Tobin!" Alex called, snapping me away from my thoughts. "Yeah Lex?" I called back. "Kelley, Christen and I were gonna go to the beach if you want to come", I looked around confused and noticed that the rest of the team had left, How long was I thinking? "Yeah, sounds great", I quickly got up and grabbed my phone from the counter.

The four of us piled into Kelley's car and made our way to the beach, Alex sat in the front passenger seat and I was in the back with Christen. Alex and Kelley spent the whole ride jabbering mindlessly and singing along to the radio. Every once in a while I'd look over to Christen and our eyes would meet for just a split second, man I love those eyes. I watched her giggle as Kelley told a joke, and was a little embarrassed when she caught me staring. She would give me a grin and her cheeks would turn bright red, which I thought was adorable. "Hey!we're here!" Alex cheered, causing us to break our gaze. "Man they really are in love" Kelley chuckled, stepping out of the car. Press blushed a little and got out of the car, with me following.

We spent the rest of the day playing beach soccer and swimming in the ocean. I even tried to teach Christen some juggling tricks. Eventually, the sun started going down so Kelley got a blanket from the back of her car and the four of us sat on it to watch the sunset. What startled me the most was that after a few minutes, Christen put her head in my lap so that she was staring up at the sky. Kelley obviously noticed and whispered something to Alex, making them both chuckle. I just smiled and moved my head down to whisper to Christen. "They're talking about us, I don't know why. Pretend I said something about Kelley and laugh". She smiled and nodded her head, we both burst into laughter and Kelley turned a bright shade of red. "What?" She asked. "Oh nothing, Tobs just said something hilarious" Christen said between giggles. Kelley got slightly mad, which only made the two of us laugh even more.

Christen's POV

Kelley wasn't mad for too long, she just didn't like that I was "keeping something" from her. After she calmed down the four of us went back to her house. I planned on going home so I said goodbye to them and started to walk out to my own car, until I heard a voice. "Hey Press, wait up", I turned to see a big grin on Tobin's face. I gave her a questioning look before she spoke again "Uh do you think you could give me a ride, Alex said we live on the same street. You live on Ellis Street right?". I nodded "yeah get in" I gestured to my car.

"How did we not know that we live down the street from each other?" I asked, keeping my eyes on the road. "I have no idea, i guess it's just because we hated each other for so long, we never cared to notice" Tobin said with a chuckle. The rest of the ride consisted of Tobin just being a goof and singing along to the songs on the radio. After a short amount of time, I pulled up to her house and put the car in park. "Thanks Chris" she said, pulling me into a hug. I was a little surprised but eventually hugged back. "Yeah no problem" I called as she got out of the car and started walking up her front steps. I watched her for a minute until she turned around and jogged back to the car. "What's up" I laughed as she caught her breath. "Do you want to hang out tomorrow? Like just me and you?" She said, turning a light shade of pink. "Yeah totally, just text me when and I'll come pick you up". She flashed her million dollar smile and headed back towards the house. I stepped on the gas and began my way home.

When I got home, I was greeted by my mom and dad watching a movie on the couch. "Hey is it okay if I hang out with a friend tomorrow?" I questioned. My mom nodded her head and my dad quirked his eyebrow "what friend? Is it a boy? Is it a boyfriend?" He asked making my mom and I both giggle. "No it's not a boy. It's Tobin." I answered back "Tobin Heath? The one from soccer? Since when do you guys hang out?" My mom asked. "Since now I guess". They laughed and gave me the OK to go tomorrow so I went up to my room. I started getting ready for bed when I heard my phone go off. I walked over to my desk and picked it up, and it read: New Message; Tobin Heath
T: Hey! Pick me up tomorrow at 4:30 pm? Dress warm.
C: Warm? Alrighty then, where are we going?
T: That's a surprise Pressy :)
C: Surprise? I'm the one driving!
T: Yeah I'm gonna need to borrow your car...
C: You do have your license right?
T: Of course I do!! I just don't have my own car.
C: Alright alright, goodnight Tobin.
T: Night Chris.
I turned my phone off and plugged it into the charger. I got in bed and started thinking about tomorrow. "I'm really looking forward to this, I've never been this excited to hang out with a friend before. This is weird". That was the last thing I remember thinking before drifting off to sleep.

Hey guys!! How are you liking the story so far? Any ideas and constructive criticism is welcome :)). Comment if you want me to add anything into the story, and don't forget to vote!!
-I <3