6

Tobin's POV

I woke up to my alarm blaring throughout my room. Surprisingly, I wasn't dreading school. It only meant that I got to see Christen. I know it's wrong to like one of my friends, but I can't help it, she's just so..perfect.
I quickly jumped out of bed and threw on an outfit, then ran down the stairs with my backpack.
"You're actually up early?" My Mom questioned as I skipped into the kitchen. I just shrugged and gave her a grin.
"That's pretty surprising Tobs, what's the occasion?" My Dad asked, wiggling his eyebrows.
"There's no occasion, is it not normal for me to just wake up in time?" I said back. "Nope." They replied in unison. Just as I finished my breakfast I heard a honk, signaling that Kelley was there to pick me up. I said goodbye to my parents and walked out the door. "Woah! You're actually up! I was preparing myself to wait at least ten minutes" Kelley teased.
"Oh shut up Kels" I said, flashing a big smile.
"So, what's the occasion?" She asked
"Good lord just drive" I said with a laugh.

We made it to the school and Kelley parked the car. There as always, were Allie and Alex, sitting on the hood of a car talking. But what was unusual was that Christen was there as well. "Woah!! Tobin was on time too?" Alex joked, getting a laugh from Kelley and Allie. "Yeah! It must be Opposite Day or something, because Press was here early too!" Allie shot back. The five of us laughed and made small talk before school started. I occasionally snuck glances at Christen, just to see her looking at me too. The bell eventually rang and the five of us began to split up to go to class. Kelley and Christen came with me and Allie and Alex walked away. I walked up next to Christen and put my arm around her. "So, one more week of school and then we're off for Christmas break" I said with a grin. "And you're bringing this up because?" She questioned. "Because we want to have a Christmas party at Tobin's house" Kelley jumped in, patting Christen's shoulder. The green eyed girl laughed before saying "you guys sure like to party huh?" Kelley gave her a look pretending to look offended "how dare you assume that of us!" Chuckling after. "Hey in our defense you come to the parties Press" I said causing her to roll her eyes.

English went by incredibly fast, mostly because we were watching a movie based off of a book we read. But I wasn't watching the movie. The whole time I directed my attention to the girl in front of me. The bell rang and I was immediately snapped out of my trance. I grabbed my bag and followed Kelley out the door.

Christen's POV

She put her arm around me. I know it's a little weird to be freaking out about something like this but how can I not? Two weeks ago we hated each other, and now we're hanging out, she's putting her arm around me, hugging me, she even invited me to a party at her house. All of this is so unbelievably confusing. Of course I like it and all, but maybe I like it too much?

The rest of the day dragged on until finally the last bell rang. That meant, it was time for practice. I walk out of History class with Ash and Pinoe and we make our way to the locker rooms. Once we get inside I set my stuff down next to Kelley and JJ and start to put my shorts on. As I start packing up my bag a voice whispers to the three of us. "So Kling and Moe definitely have a thing for each other, just saying" it was Tobin. Kelley chuckled and JJ's mouth dropped open. "No way!" She yelled a little too loud, causing the rest of our teammates to look at us. "Shh, nice going Julie" I chuckle, looking at her turn a bright shade of red.

We made our way to the field and started warming up before our coach got there. I occasionally snuck glances at Tobin as we were stretching. The one time she caught me was pretty embarrassing but she gave me the biggest grin ever. I really like her.

Tobin's POV

"Tobs wait up!" Christen called grabbing her soccer bag from the bench. I stopped and turned around to watch her jog over to me. "Need a ride?" She asked with a smile. "Actually yeah, I was gonna longboard home but it's gonna start raining pretty soon so." I replied laughing. We got into her car and began the drive to our houses. As expected, it started pouring rain, like an insane amount.
"Thank god you drove me, I'd be drenched by the time I got home" I said looking over to her. She kept her eyes on the road and simply nodded. As we approached our street we noticed a peculiar sight. "No no no no" Christen whines as she put the car in park. I looked out the window to see a bright orange sign blocking the entrance to our cul-de-sac with the words "Closed due to flooding" written on it. There was no way for us to get home. I sighed as Christen put her head on the steering wheel. "Well, I guess we're gonna have to make the most of this then." I said smiling, she gave me an odd look. "Are you ever in a bad mood?" She queried as she put the car back into drive. "Where to?". I smiled yet again because I knew the perfect place.

Christen pulled into the parking lot of a small diner that I liked to go to. It didn't get much business so I knew the owner and workers pretty well. "Alright let's go" I said putting my sweatshirt hood up. "We're gonna get soaked" Christen said in a surprised voice. "Ugh alright princess one second". I grabbed a spare jersey from my bag and got out of the car. I ran to the drivers side and opened the door, Christen climbed out and I held the jersey over her head as a makeshift umbrella. It didn't work out very well. By the time we made it to the door our clothes and hair were soggy. "Oh! Tobin! You're soaked sweetie" Margot, the owner, said as she saw the two of us. "Yeah, our street is flooded so we can't get in"I shrugged. She ran into the back and brought out two towels. "Take a seat at your booth and I'll get you both some hot chocolate. Oh! I'm Margot by the way" she said holding her hand out to the girl beside me. "Christen. It's very nice to meet you" She replied. Just after that Margot disappeared into the back once again. I began walking until I reached the back corner of the diner, where a small booth was. I sat on one side and gestured for Christen to sit across from me. "So you have a booth? You must be super important here then" She joked with a smile. "Oh hush you, Margot is a family friend" she nodded and pulled out her phone. "I should probably text my parents and tell them what happened" I immediately did the same thing, cursing myself for not thinking to do so earlier. "Tobin I already called your mom to let her know where you are" Margot said as she brought out hot chocolate and French fries. "You're a life saver" I sighed with relief, bringing her into a hug. "She's a pretty one" the older woman whispered in my ear. "I know" I said, getting a quick glance of the girl across from me. "I'd ask her out as soon as possible, she seems like a great girl". She smiled and walked off. "So.." Christen said as I turned my attention to her. "Tell me about this Christmas party."