|2|

On the far corner at the library, away from everyone, is where a lonely girl is seated aka me. Since yesterday, I didn't have the guts to show up in class, so here I am, writing whatever came into mind—and my mind was occupied by none other than you. I wrote—I wrote everything I felt when I thought about you. The pain, happiness, regret—everything.

Soon enough, hot tears flooded my eyes, flowed through my cheeks and dropped onto the paper, staining the paper with tears. Soft sobs left my lips as I tried to continue writing through my blurred eyes.

-JK-

Cheonju went to have lunch with her friends and I didn't have any appetite so I roamed around the campus and entered the library to rest or to find books that will interest me, though I probably won't read the entire book like I always do. As I walked around, a sleeping figure in a hoodie caught my eye. I moved closer to confirm my suspicion and it was indeed my mysterious classmate who sat at the back and always wore hoodies and masks.

My eyes scanned her face—though only her eyes could be seen, it was obvious that she had been crying. Her eyes are puffy and red and I can't help but feel something painfully tugging at my chest. My eyes landed on the pen on her hand and the notebook beside her, opened on a page.

Curiosity rose in me as I leaned in to check what it was. 'The Truth Untold' it reads as my eyebrows scrunched.

'A smeraldo means sincerity that can't be delivered or the truth untold.'

I grazed my hand over the paper as I read deeper into her notebook. It's like she's writing a poem or a lyrics of some sort but I can feel the sincerity and the pain—her pain, as if she's writing her story.

'You know that I can't
Show you me
Give you me
I can't show you my weakness
So I'm putting on a mask to go see you
But I still want you

A flower that resembles you
Blossomed in this garden of loneliness
I wanted to give it to you
As I take off this stupid mask

But I know
This can't go on forever
I must hide
Because I'm ugly

I'm afraid
So pathetic
I'm so afraid
In the end, will you leave me too?
So I'm putting on a mask to go see you'

These. These lines struck me the most. Is this why she always puts on a mask? I frowned at that thought as my hand reached out to remove her mask but, she stirred which snapped me to quickly hide.

"Someday, I'll be able to see your face, mask girl," I said to myself, smiling, as my eyes followed her exiting the library.