|3|

Sighing as I walk through the corridors, I heard something—I heard your voice and a girl's.

"Gguk-ah, will you leave me if you find the flower girl?" huh? Jeongguk knows she's not the flower girl? "I mean, it's okay if you do. It was her who put an effort after all and I just so happened to steal all the credit when I confessed. She's probably devastated to know you already have a girlfriend,"

"Look, yeah I get that you said that you're the flower girl but you shouldn't blame yourself. You panicked and that's normal—you even admitted it a day after. You should also stop thinking about me leaving you if I ever find her. I accepted you and love you not because I thought you were the flower girl, but because I just love you, okay? Stop being emo and start going back to calling me muscle pig,"

So even if I did show myself to him, he still wouldn't love me. I mean, I think he wouldn't reject me because of the flowers but sooner or later, he'll get tired of me and find her, then leave me for her. Even if I showed myself, it would still lead to one ending to my story, I'll be left broken.

I don't feel like going to my remaining class anymore. I turned my heel and tiptoed away from them.

-JK-

Like yesterday, Cheonju went to have lunch with her friends, thus leaving me bored so I, once again, strolled around the campus. What if I go to the library again? maybe the hoodie girl is ther—wait no, Jeongguk you are not looking for her. Don't you dare take interest in another girl besides Cheonju, okay? What you are going to do is NOT go to the library. Go anywhere just not the library jfc.

I walked up the stairs and head to the rooftop. Rooftop it is then—or not. I briskly hid behind a wall and took a peek of the hoodie girl with her back facing me. Idiot. Why didn't you just go to the library. I'm disappointed. The mini Jeongguk scolded, making me roll my eyes. I hate the mini Jeongguk in my head sometimes.

Suddenly, she sobbed then began singing familiar lines, catching me off guard.

"nae unmyeongin geol
Don't smile on me
Light on me
neoege dagaseol su eopseunikka
naegen bulleojul ireumi eopseo

You know that I can't
Show you me
Give you me
chorahan moseub boyeojul sun eopseo
tto gamyeoneul sseugo neol mannareo ga
But I still want you"

She sang in between sobs, and I could feel a pang of pain in my chest once again.

"Why do I still want you?"