Seven

My hair bounced and my robes were draped across my body and fell to the floor. The sunlight streamed in through the intricate windows. Laughter filled the hallways. Everything seemed right.

Everything except my friends -or therefore lack of- and the badge seemingly everyone was wearing which said 'Cedric rules, Potter sucks'. In conclusion, everything meant nothing. Nothing seemed right. I was extremely morose today.

I was trying to find Diggory at that moment. I couldn't find him through the endless hallways so I tried a few of the courtyards. Nothing but the roses wilting away in the autumn chill. I didn't blame them; I wanted to disappear into nothingness too. The grass was a dull shade of green, a shade that matched my eyes.
"Cedric rules!" A boy cheered.
"Thanks," I muttered, waltzing into courtyard number six and sure enough there 'ruling' Cedric was with his friends. I stayed in the archway for a little, just watching him. He was different around his friends - more laddish. He was louder and laughed a little more. It made me smile. I walked over to him.
"Diggory, can I talk to you? It'll only take a few seconds," I asked, biting my lip and looking into his dark grey eyes. A colour the night sky would couldn't compete with.
"Uh, Yeah. Sure," he said, completely disheveled. Standing there awkwardly, I watched him get off the bench.
"Like the badge?" One of them asked.
"Sure. Cedric, hurry," I said.
"Dragons. That's the first task. They've got one for each of us. Me, you, Fleur and Viktor," I said, making some rash hand gestures. I was panicking a little bit. I had no idea how to handle a cat, let alone a dragon.
"Are you serious? Fleur and Krum... do they... know?" Cedric asked and I nodded.
"We were the last ones to find out," I told the boy.
"Right. Hey, listen. About the badges, I told everyone not to wear them," Cedric apologised.
"Don't. I have no doubt this was Cho Chang's doing. Now if you excuse me I have a ginger to yell at," I sighed. Walking away.
"See ya,"
"See ya,"

I walked over to Ron who currently had a chocolate frog. He looked slightly scared when I stormed over. Almost everyone was scared of me for some unknown reason.
"You're a right foul git. You know that?" I spat.
"You think so?" Ron challenged.
"I know so," I repeated.
"Anything else?" He asked. I crossed my arms.
"Yeah. Stay away from me," I grimaced.
"Fine," he spat. I began to walk away, but Draco called me over. Great, another person that wanted to yell at me.
"Yes, Draco?" I yelled, stopping in my tracks and throwing my head back.
"Why so tense Potter? My father and I
have a bet you see. I don't think you're
gonna last ten minutes in this tournament.
He disagrees. He thinks you won't last
FIVE," He snorted.
"And if I'm so weak any idea on why you keep asking me on a date you're not going to get?" I ask and he goes red.
"That's what I thought," I smirked walking away.
"You'll regret this!" Draco yelled. I turned back around and before I could say anything Moody turned him into a ferret.
"That'll teach you to cast when someone's backs turned!" Moody shouted. A crowd began gathering. There was Cedric, his friends, Ron, my old friends, Cho and almost the whole of the first year. McGonagall stormed over, clearly not impressed by the antics of the one-eyed teacher.
"Professor Moody, What are you doing?" She snapped.
"Teaching," He said, simply, watching in amusement as Draco rolled around the floor.
"Is that a student?" She asked.
"Technically its a ferret," he responded, making me laugh. Mad-eye made Draco goes down one of Draco's friends trousers and I laughed again, along with everyone else. Eventually, Draco fell out the bottom of the trouser leg and McGonagall turned him back to normal.
"My father will hear about this!" Draco yelled.
"Is that a threat?" Mad-eye queried. Draco ran away and Moody followed him. I shook my head laughing and sat in a windowsill and began dreading some romance book I had picked out at the library. Cedric looked at me sat on my own and mouthed something unreadable. I laughed and mouthed back 'what?' I cocked my head to the left.
'Are' he was really over mouthing things now.
'You' he pointed to me.
'Okay' he did a thumbs up. I nodded. Moody came over to me.
"Come with me," he said. I followed and walked with him to his office.

Moody's office matches his personality. Dark and brooding. I sat in the chair opposite his desk. He takes off his leg and takes a seat.
"That's a foal glass. Lets me keep an
eye on my enemies. If I can see the
whites of their eyes they're standing
right behind me," He said and I nodded. I looked over to the floor behind him where there was a trunk on the floor shaking and making noise.
"Wouldn't even bother telling you what's
in there. You wouldn't believe it if
I did. Now... what are you going to
do about your dragon?" He asked, looking at me.
"I-uh, I don't know," I stuttered.
Sit. Listen to me Potter. Your boy toy Diggory,
by your age he could take a whistle into a watch and have it sing you the time. Miss Delacour, she's as much a fairy princess as I am. As for Krum, his head may be filled with sawdust but Karkaroff's is NOT. They'll have
a strategy, and you can bet that it'll play to Krum's strengths. Hmm? Come on Potter. What are your strengths?" He interrogated me. I sat speechless only able to mutter a string of sentences.
"Boy toy? As if. Me and Diggory could never and will never be a thing," I replied, huffing.
"I may have a glass eye, but I'm not blind. Back to the subject at hand, strengths?" Moody repeated.
"I'm a fair flyer, and I'm quite intelligent," I shrug.
"More then fair the way I heard it. You and your brother both," Mad-eye said.
"But I'm not allowed a broom in the contest," I protested. Mad-eye took a swig from a flask.
"But you're allowed a wand,"