Nine

The great hall had an excited atmosphere; everyone was smiling, everyone was happy. I was drinking a glass of water when a spot Ron holding some weird robes across the hall. I almost spit my drink out. I nudged Corina and Tom pointed them over to the red head. Someone hands me a newspaper.
"YOUNG CHAMPION WINNING WITH HELP OF GAL PAL CORINA COURT" I almost spat my drink out.
"I mean, at least I made front page. My parents are going to be oh so proud," Corina said.
"Maybe I should hand out with you for more twitter followers," Tom joked and I nudged him.
"Sources tell us that Court is a lesbian, perhaps Potter is her lover?" I read. Tom snorted.
"And how is the happy couple today?" Draco danced over to us, putting his hands on shoulders.
"Piss off, Draco," I muttered.
"Someone's in a bad mood," Draco muttered. I turned to look at him.
"Alright, I'll leave. Only if you come to the Yule Ball with me," Draco smiled.
"That is the worst way you could possibly have asked a girl to prom," I informed him.
"Like you've got a date," Draco chuckled.
"She hasn't, but Diggory is definitely going to ask her. In fact she's hanging out with him later, maybe he'll ask her then," Corina smiled. Draco scoffed and walked off. I smiled and high-five Corina.
"I hope to fuck he does ask me,"

We walk into a large classroom. Tom sits with Ron and Harry on one side of the classroom, me and Corina sit with Hermione on the other side.
"Is Cedric here?" Hermione asked.
"No, just fourth years here I think"
"You should definitely go with him to the Yule Ball!" I turned to the Granger girl.
"No way. He hasn't even asked me yet,"
"So? Make the first move!" Corina squealed. I shook my head and McGonagall began speaking:
"The yule ball has been a tradition of the tri-wizard tournament since its inception. On Christmas eve night we and our guests gather in the great hall for well mannered frivolity. As representatives of the host school I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward, and I mean this literally because the yule ball is first and foremost...
a dance," I groan and so do the boys. The rest of the girls seem excited.
"Silence. The house of Godrick Griffindore
has commanded the respect of the wizard
world for nearly ten centuries. I will
not have you in the course of a single
evening besmirching that name by behaving
like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons. Now to dance is to let the
body breathe, inside every girl a secret
swan slumbers longing to burst forth
and take flight," McGonagall started, but Ron cut her off.
"Something's about to burst out of Hilary but I don't think it's a swan," the whole year started laughing at this comment.
"Inside every boy a lordly lion prepared
to prance. Mr Weasly, will you join
me." With a groan, Ron hesitated to walk up to her.
"Now, place your right hand on my waist"
"Your what?"
"My waist," Ron looks highly uncomfortable as he does so and starts dancing with her. Someone wolf whistled, and I had a hunch it was the twins.
"One two three, one two three, one two
three,"
"Everybody come together," I was pushed forward by the girls. All the boys remained seated.
"Boys! On your feet!" The boys came forward. Tom immediately looking for me. I found him and we copied the position that McGonagall and Ron did.
"So I was thinking," I said.
"Right, not something you do often," he snorted. I would have flicked him if we weren't dancing.
"If Cedric doesn't ask me-"
"Which he will"
"-will you go as my date?" I asked. He nodded.
"I was going to go on my own anyways so yeah. Sure," Tom nodded. I smiled and rested my head on his shoulder.

I waited in the astronomy tower, as Cedric instructed.
"Did you bring everything like I asked?" Cedric queried.
"Uhh, Yeah. I think so,"
"Cool, let's go," Cedric and me began to go.
"Where are we going?" I asked.
"You'll just have to wait and see" he beamed, flashing a smile. I swore that smile could make flowers boom in the winter chill.

We walked to the fifth floor and I stopped when he walked into the prefects bathroom. I looked at him.
"Great place for a swim," He chimed. We walked in. We already had our swimming stuff on underneath, so we just took our clothes off and jumped in the tub.
"Fucking hell, this is massive," I said and he laughed.
"If you're a prefect literally the the whole staff loves you," He was topless and I had to stop myself from staring.
"Did you bring the egg?" He queried.
"Yeah,"
"I've already figured it out," he smirked. I stared at the boy.
"Bring it under water," he instructed. I grabbed it and Cedric came under water with me. He put his hands on top of mine, and he pulled it open.
"Come seek us where our voices sound.
We cannot sing above the ground. An
hour long you'll have to look, to recover
what we took,"
"No way. The second task is underwater?" I asked and he nodded.
"So we'll need some sort of spell or charm," he said. I smiled and kissed him. I don't know why I did it, I just did it. His soft lips on mine felt like heaven. He smiled into the kiss and pulled back.
"You like me?" Cedric asked.
"Wasn't that a bit obvious?" I chuckled and he kissed me again.
"Then why are you letting Malfoy take you to the Yule Ball?"
"I'm not,"
"Well that's what he told me,"
"Well then he lied. He asked me and I said no. I was kind of hoping to go with you," I smiled weakly. He just looked guilty and stared into the water. I walked back.
"Cedric?"
"I kind of... asked Cho," he admitted. "Iris-"
"-no it's fine, go with Cho. I understand," I got out the tub and put a towel around me.
"I can't really back out of it because it's in like what? 19 hours?"
"No I really do understand," I looked for my clothes and found my t-shirt.
"The tears on your face say otherwise,"
"Leave it out, Diggory!" I pulled on my clothes over my wet bikini and and grabbed the egg and walked out of the prefects bathroom.

"This can't be good,"
I walked into the Ravenclaw common room to see Tom and Corina still waiting for me.
"We kissed," I smiled. They smiled to.
"But guess what!" I said with a fake enthusiasm.
"He's asked Cho to the ball!"
"I'm going to smack his fucking face off!" Tom threatened.
"I'll help!" And with that they stormed out the door, causing me to laugh. I went upstairs and went into the girls bathroom. Slid off my now wet clothes and hopped into the shower. The hot water trickled onto my skin and burnt a little bit. It felt nice to have my mind on something other then Cedric. I turned the shower off and got into my pyjamas. I put a face mask on and walked out.

"How about we stay up all night chatting shit and revising?" Corina asked. I nodded and she put a face mask on too. We went into the common room where Tom was already sat.
"I heard that Draco slipped down the stairs earlier," I chuckled and hugged my friends.