Chapter 15 *The End*

"Haven't seen you smoke this much since the first time we met," Zayn mutters as he comes up from behind Liam, gently snaking his arm around his boyfriend's waist. Liam's so wrapped up in his thoughts that he starts just slightly at the motion before sinking into him. "You pretend you hated me, but really, it was just absolutely nerve-wracking to be face to face with such a stunner, eh?" Zayn teases with a slight smirk.

Liam groans. It didn't take long for Zayn to put together that the only time Liam smokes is when he's anxious. In fact, much to Liam's chagrin, he had pretty much figured it out only a few days after they officially got together.

Liam hates that he hasn't forgotten, even after a couple of months.

He gives him a pointed look as he pulls the cigarette from his lips. Breathing out, he wordlessly passes it over, giving him a light tap with his hip. "Shut up."

"Come on, Li," Zayn smiles easily. "You never head up to the roof unless you're gonna smoke. Don't think I don't know you." He waggles his eyebrows.

As Zayn takes a long drag of the cigarette, Liam mumbles in a huff, "Just 'cause you practically live here doesn't mean you know everything about me."

"Doesn't it, though?" Zayn laughs as he passes the cigarette back, finding his spot in the crook of Liam's neck.

"Don't quite remember how that whole thing happened," Liam smirks down at the other boy as he puffs out a bit of smoke. "How you ended up moving in." He gently presses his palm against Zayn's cheek, pushing him further into Liam. "Please refresh my memory."

"No, we don't need to relive pissed Zayn anymore," he moans, face now deep in Liam's shirt. "Once was enough, thank you very much."

"Oh, but you're cute when you drink," Liam coos as he throws the cigarette onto the ground, smooshing it into the smooth, concrete-like material of the roof. "Couldn't even stumble home safely."

"And that was that," Zayn sighs contentedly, ignoring the blush steadily rising up his cheeks from the memory. "I couldn't head back to my own flat after that. Enjoyed this place just a bit too much."

Liam snorts. "Just the place? Okay, I guess I'll leave, then," he teases with a raise of his eyebrows.

"You know what I mean." Zayn rolls his eyes as he taps Liam lightly with his head, still leaned up against his chest. Suddenly, he freezes, squinting his eyes. "Hey, you changed the subject, you bastard."

Liam tsks. "Almost got away with it, too."

"Out with it," Zayn drawls, standing back up straight as he quirks up his eyebrows in an attempt to force Liam to speak. "What's got you riled up enough that you need to smoke?"

Liam doesn't say anything for a long moment. Finally, he breathes out, "What if they-". He stops suddenly, feeling embarrassed as the words leave his lips.

"Leeyum," Zayn says sharply. "Is this about what I think it is?"

He bites his lip in reply.

Zayn furrows his eyebrows. "I promise it's going to be fine." He smiles, giving him a fond look before he finishes, "My parents are going to love you, I promise."

"I'm not going to stack up to those who have come before me, though, eh? What about that one fit model you told me you dated? How could I ever compete with him? I mean-"

Zayn chuckles, lightly shaking his head until Liam cuts himself off. "What?" He demands, a patchy red crossing his face.

"There's no competition," Zayn says lightly. "Literally."