Chapter 1- New Arrangements

Caged

__becky_359__

Chapter 1- New Arrangements

Bella Swan

My black cloak dragged behind me as I walked silently into the throne room. My hood was pulled up, with my face barely showing. The only thing you could make out right now were my blood red tinted eyes, which I wasn't very proud of. But would else could I do to tame my scorching throat when I became thirsty? Nothing. One of the many cons to being one of us.

A vampire.

As I neared the throne room, I secured my shield, guarding all of my thoughts and becoming less vulnerable. After all, if no one knew how to hurt you, you can never get hurt. And I'm not very fond of getting hurt, or causing it. That's why it's hard to embrace what I am.

But the Guard needs me, and my alliance belongs to them. They are my only family, and you can't leave family.

I suppose though, our bond isn't exactly like family, but it's the closest thing I've got. They provide me with clothes- though they all had the Volturi crest and were all black- and gave me shelter and protection, along with a bunch of cosmetic and hair products. Not that I'm particularly fond of them, but every once in a while they pay off.

As of now, my mahogany brown hair was cascading loose down my back, with the end loaded with natural curls. I had a bit of make up on, just to make use of it, and my Volturi wrist bracelet tightened securely on my left arm.

I opened the door to the throne room, and gracefully walked in, standing in line with the rest of the guard. Aro, Marcus, and Caius were sitting in their thrones, with Aro, reading over a list. When he looked up and saw that I had taken my place by the guard, he stood up, with the list still in hand.

"Welcome Guard!" He began, opening his arms in joy. It looked as if he never sees us, when he saw just saw us roughly two hours ago. "Marcus, Caius, and I have made a list of the few covens around the globe. We have paired each one of you with a coven to watch over."

Jane interrupted him swiftly. "Master, with all due respect, why do this now when more and more vampires continue to expose us? Shouldn't we be out there preventing this?"

"Ah Jane, you make a valid point. People are starting to question the Volturi's effectiveness. They state that people shouldn't even be thinking of breaking a law with the Volturi. And alas, they are correct. People should be afraid of our power, and therefore not even consider breaking the rules." Aro proclaimed powerfully.

"So you want us to watch over each coven and stop them from exposing us?" Felix assumed.

Aro, Marcus and Caius nodded.

"Which coven will we be assigned?" Alec asked curiously.

"That," Caius said. "Will be determined on what you think, and how you fight."

Demetri raised an eyebrow in question.

"Let me put it this way," Aro explained. "Demetri. You are a tracker. If you were perhaps, to get a nomad, with a tendency to run away, you would be able to find and stop him quicker than Alec would, for example. If one of the covens declare battle, and there is only one of you, either Alec and Jane would handle the situation better, because of their gifts. Because they would be able to stop them, without having to lay a hand on them whereas Felix would destroy them in more time."

The guard nodded their heads in understanding.

"I'll call you back in a few hours, to assign you your coven. For now, you are dismissed."