Chapter 6- It'll All Work Out

Chapter 6

It'll All Work Out

Bella Swan

"Let me go you big oaf!" I yelled as Emmett flung me over his shoulder and ran to the pool.

I had beaten him not only at Mario Kart, but at Wii Sports, Wii Resort, and many others.

"Never!" He yelled.

Everyone around us laughed as changed me into a bridal position and held me above the water.

"Let me go!" I shouted again.

"No! Not until you admit that I'm better than you at video games!" he said.

"No, I can not tell a lie!" I laughed.

Emmett started to fling me into the pool but Edward quickly stopped him.

In a flash, I was in Edward's arm bridal style and I thanked him profusely. But I spoke too soon. He then jumped into the pool, dragging both me and himself. I stood, soaking wet and glaring daggers at Edward. Everyone else just laughed and I averted my gaze to them.

While they stopped laughing, goofy smiles remained. Especially Edward's.

I scowled again before jumping on Edward's shoulders and dunking him under water. I laughed and he shook his head like a dog, water sprinkling on me.

I got out of the pool and looked at Emmett. "Come give me a big hug!"

"No way!" he yelled. He made a dash for the living room but I was faster. I tackled him on the floor and made sure drip as much water as I could on him.

He groaned. "Bella!"

"Yes?" I asked innocently.

He just muttered a few curses under his breath before Esme smacked him and told him to clean up all of this water.

"But Bella did it too!" he whined.

"But Bella didn't throw someone into the water," Esme chastised.

"No, that was Edward!" he argued.

"Are you talking back to me?" she said, a warning tone in her voice.

"Ugh!" He said as Esme handed him a mop. I laughed before going up to my room and showering, then changing into red top and a pair of ripped skinny jeans.

I met Edward downstairs already dressed and dried and sat down next to him.

"I'm still mad at you," I told him, crossing my arms.

He pulled me into his side and apologized.

"Hmph."

He threw his head back and laughed loudly, before kissing my forehead and apologizing for real.

"I guess you're forgiven." I sighed, ignoring the tingling on my forehead.

He cheered and pumped a fist in the air in a very Emmett-like way. He grinned his signature crooked smile and my dead heart lurched.

I still wasn't sure where we stood on the whole 'dating' process but I didn't really care. It was all labels anyways.

Besides, being his 'girlfriend' didn't quite match my feelings for him. It was so much more than just liking him, but it wasn't love.

I knew though, that falling in love with Edward wasn't going to be much of the challenge. I was falling head over heels and while it felt amazing I was scared.

I wondered if he even felt the way I did, or at least close. I wondered if he even liked me at all. Sure, he had kissed me but it was just a kiss. It didn't mean anything.