Chapter 7 October 6

The first meet with Zane's parents was a flop.

We had dinner together and it was peaceful. Kane passed me something, saying, "Your father wanted to pass this to you at your 18th birthday."

It was a gemstone. I saw there was a opening. Kane said never to open the gemstone, it contained light. My father knew that someday, darkness will be at its fullest and take over, this pendant will help remain balance.

Next day, October 6

"Zane?" I knocked on his door.

"Come in love. " He replied.

"Um, can I train with the pack today?" I mumbled as soon as I stepped in.

"Why?"

"Oh, no reason. Just something to do instead of lying around the house."

"Daphne?" He raised an eyebrow.

"What?" I asked sarcastically.

"Are you sure?"

"Mhm. "

"Then fine. You can."

"Thank you alpha! " I curtseyed.

Zane growled and I quickly rushed out.

Oh no reason...

Okay, I kinda lied.

I just didn't want to worry Zane.

I ran to the forest and to the library. It was a clear and deserted area so no wolf or humans would be there.

I let Olivia shift and run about. I warned her to be careful but she didn't listen. All she saw was red, so I had no control over her.

You might be wondering: If you knew she wouldn't listen, why even let her shift? If I don't let her, fire will start spreading across my body and it could kill me. The first time this happened, I was close to death. Only did i realize in wolf form it will not burn.

Olivia growled and looked around, nobody. She let out a roar and sprint to the forest. A deer was spotted and within seconds, it was being eaten by Olivia.

Rest in peace dear deer.

Fortunately, no wolves were spotted so nobody got injured, except for 15 deer, 10 rabbits and a few tiny animals.

It was sunset, so it meant the need for blood was finally over. Olivia returned to her usual self.

Hello to you too Liv.

How many did I kill this time?

Olivia doesn't really remember what she does during the period. It is like someone is controlling her and she has no memories of it.

Eh, 15 deer 10 rabbits and a few tiny insects.

Oh gosh, I feel terrible.

It's not your fault Liv, we have been doing this for many years.

I know, but I wish this would stop. I feel really guilty.

At least you didn't kill wolves this time.

Thank goodness.

Come on, We have to go.

Okay D.

She sprinted back to the pack house. I took the clothes hidden behind a few rocks and shifted back.