Chapter 18.

Pen.

Help.
I need help.
Give me help.
It'll be too late.

Remote was still dead. Liy took my place on the team. I was eliminated and she was still a member. They were discussing how they had six team members and I heard them. Remote and I were inanimate to Death P.A.C.T now. Out of nowhere, I felt like everyone was an illusion. I couldn't trust anybody anymore. I had a desire to kill. I stared at my palm, watching as a razor-sharp blade appeared in it. I couldn't question it. I just clutched it and walked to my path. To my shock, I couldn't get in. My safe zone was blocking me from entering it. I gazed at myself in the faint reflection of the transparent barrier. "You're somebody else now." I heard my own voice say, more than likely to be the one in the reflection world.
"What? Oh, yes. Yes I am. I just want revenge." I instantly covered my mouth, stepping back. "I- no! That's not true, I wasn't meant to say that... I didn't know I did? What are you doing?"
"You and Liy..." my reflection's eyes were drained of colour.
"What about us?"
"You switched places."
"What?!"
"Mhm. She broke you. She's the, well, Pen of your team now. You're her, not physically, of course. You're eliminated. You want to rejoin. Am I correct?"
I was confused and scared. I held back my tears and pressed my palms on my face. "Yes, of course it is." I responded, not myself. "I don't want revenge! What's wrong with me? Ah, please fix me!" I swiftly and repeatedly hammered on the invisible wall.  My reflection- alternate Pen - pointed at his hand. I gazed at my palm, noticing that the weapon was gone. My eyes moved to the side so that they were looking at him. Alternate Pen had my knife clutched in his hand. He was drawing lines on the wall. They outlined my team. Hands in fists, I punched each one. "What are you doing?" he questioned,becoming a little bit fainter.
"I don't know." I whimpered, hugging myself.

Out of nowhere, I felt the disability I trust anybody. Anybody except my reflection. Alternate Pen wasn't me but he was. He was the one who told me to kill. He was the one that encouraged me to put myself first. He was the one that broke me.
No.
It wasn't him.
It was Liy.
But Liy was me.
And I was Liy.