Isaac Likes Energy Bars

"I still can't believe you finally had the guts to talk to him!" Stiles grins, clapping his best friend on the back as they make their way to their first class, Derek walking beside him.

"I know!!" Scott beams, a big grin on his face, "He just looked so down, you know? And then the rumor about his dad...."

"Rumor? Dude, I hate to break it to you but Jackson –or should I say J-ass-kson- lives across from Isaac and he said that he heard yelling and a lot of scary noises from Isaac's house" Stiles whispers, Derek glances at him and a deep upset feeling starts at his chest.

Derek has always hated the very thought of Child Abuse, he remembers the time his mother adopted one of his younger siblings, a brother and a sister, because their family was abusive, mentally and emotionally abusive, but still. Abuse is Abuse.

"Really? Aww man...." Scott pouts, a dark look in his eyes before it goes away, Derek almost thought he imagined it, almost. "That sucks, I can't imagine living with someone like that..."

"I know," Stiles says calmly, "Whatever, We're gonna have lunch with him today right? You can always just ask him then"

"I don't think that's a good thing to talk about over lunch Stiles..."

"Oh c'mon, It's not like it's a first date" Stiles scoffs as they enter their class.

Scott's face is a bright red.

Class was boring. Very, insanely, boring, at least Derek found out a couple of things about Stiles:

1)This boy cannot keep still to save his life

2)He was a smartass

3)He was a smartass that had surprisingly good grades

4)Stiles loved scratching behind Derek's ears (And Derek loved it too, but shh, don't tell)

The rest of the morning went by easily, boring classes, more talking, and finally... Lunch.

Derek was starving, dinner last night and breakfast this morning definitely did NOT fill Derek enough, heck, he was a wolf and wolves already eat a lot...but he was a wolf spirit too (Wolf Shifter, Werewolf, whatever) and that just adds to his appetite. Saying Derek was starving...is an understatement.

"Dude, Derek looks ready to bite someone's arm off and eat it for lunch!!" Scott laughs, a cute grin on his face.

"Ah, sourwolf is just grumpy because I only gave him 3 eggs and another can of Spam this morning" Stiles smirks, ignoring the way Derek growls at the nickname.

They find their table easily, buy their lunch and sit down. Derek sitting on the floor obviously.

"I wonder where Isaac went?" Scott frowns, craning his neck to look around the cafeteria which was quickly filling up with more students.

"Maybe Isaac just came out late from class or something" Stiles mumbles around a mouthful of apple, "or, he thought you were just kidding about the 'eat with us thing' which, to be honest, I wouldn't mind" he says, swallowing the mouthful.

Derek huffs and almost whines before tensing, there was a scent. The scent of another Wolf Shifter, he subconsciously starts growling and looking around, students that walk past tense and quickly walk away, eyeing Derek with wide eyes.

"Woah, Calm down" Stiles huffs, poking Derek's forehead, "You're going to get us busted"

Derek grumbles and quickly grabs the bacon in Stiles's hand, chomping on it before Stiles even realized that his precious bacon was gone.

"HEY!" Stiles all but shrieks, some heads turning to them with an annoyed frown, "Dumb Wolf ate my bacon" Stiles growls as Derek gives him a smug lick of his lips. Okay, maybe Derek was pushing it a bit, and that bacon was disgusting, but whatever.

"There he is!" Scott beams, food still untouched as he sat up a bit, seeing Isaac walk in. "Isaac!" He calls out and said boy snaps his head up too look at Scott, looking surprised before walking over, his cheeks pink. He was adorable.

"S-Sorry, for...being late" Isaac mumbles, Scott blushes and pats the seat beside him and Isaac gratefully sits, taking out an energy bar from his pocket, making Scott, Stiles and Derek stare at him with almost offended looks.

"Isaac, you are not going to eat just an...energy bar!" Scott whines, the edges of Isaac's lips twitch slightly, "Here, let me buy you lunch" Scott starts, standing up.

"No!" Isaac gasps, Scott freezes and frowns, looking down.

"I-I'm sorry, I just... I don't know when I can pay you back and... and I'd rather not owe people anything" He admits, his blush darkening, embarrassed.

"Oh don't worry, we're stuck here for another year so we can wait" Stiles hums, Scott shoots him a glare and even Derek huffs and buts his head against Stiles's leg and glares at him (much to Stiles's surprise), "Oh jeez! Fine, you won't have to pay him back" Stiles grumbles and mumbles something under his breath but Derek caught the words 'My best friend and a frikkin wolf is teaming up on me'.

"Oh no, no that's..." Isaac gulps shakily, "That's fine, really, I've only eaten an energy b-bar a lot, it's fine"

"No! That's worse!" Scott whines before standing and walking towards the food.

Isaac groans and rests his elbows on the table, holding his head in his hands. Derek smells the embarrassment from him, a smell mixed with the gross smell of fear.

"Hey, don't worry about it" Stiles frowns, "Scott really likes looking out for people, especially those he cares about"

"But...but why would he care about me?" Isaac grumbles, confused, slightly frustrated but still very much embarrassed.

Stiles gives him an amused smirk, "Why indeed?"

"Huh?" Isaac frowns, looking up.

"Nothing" Stiles chuckles and goes back to eating, leaving Isaac to think.

Derek grumbles and paws at Stiles's leg for food, he will not admit it, never, never in a million dog years, will he admit that he was actually asking Stiles for food (Asking, not begging, totally not begging).

"Your uh...your wolf is hungry" Isaac stutters, suddenly aware that a massive black wolf was lying on the ground, inches away from him.

"Oh shoot" Stiles whines and shakes his head, "Sorry Sourwolf, I'll get you food, I promise" He grumbles, patting his pockets to see if he still has some cash on him.

Scott, bless him, returns with a tray of food for Isaac and a small plate of Bacon and about two pieces of fried chicken for Derek. Stiles beams and starts to reach towards the bacon before Scott slaps his hand, Stiles draws his hand back with a groan, "Scott no fair!"

"This is for Derek, how can you forget to buy him food?" Scott huffs, setting the plate on the floor and Derek nudges his hand just a bit in appreciation before digging in.

"Well I was a bit focused on my grumbling stomach seeing as I gave my breakfast to him...AND HE STOLE MY BACON" Stiles grumbles, throwing his hands up in the air.

"He's a wolf" Isaac points out after thanking Scott only about 20 times.

"No Sherlock, He's a rabbit" Stiles grumbles, "You're as bad as Scott!"

Scott gives him a slightly hurt puppy look and Isaac gives him a 'Really?' look before slowly eating, "I mean, He's going to have a big appetite, Wolves eat like..what, 3 pounds of meat a day?"

Stiles gapes but quickly turns it into a smirk, "And what are you? Some kind of Wolf Expert?"

Isaac's shy face breaks into a smirk and this really isn't the time for Scott to feel so turned on, Derek gives Scott a disappointed look, "I had a phase where I would read about Wolves everyday, so not an expert but I definitely know more than you do" Isaac hums. Stiles's jaw drops open, HOW RUDE.