Twenty Six

"Do you like it?"

Everyone at the party went home (Gemma was at Louis'). It was just me and Harry, sitting on his massive bed stacked with throw pillows and soft, warm sheets. Harry had to get a pocket knife out to cut open the hoard of duck tape. I thought he would tear right through it because of how strong he was. He tried showing off his strength, but after five minutes of trying, he pulled the knife out of his nightstand.

His bright green eyes were scanning every inch of the camera, reading the package, and meticulously putting the film in his new toy. "Smile."

Relief washes over my face from him liking his gift. I smile at him shyly, looking at him under my eyelashes. The click from the camera comes and prints the picture. I try to look over his shoulder to see it but he hides it in his armpit. "It needs darkness to develop." He says smartly. Rolling my eyes, I start to make a tape ball from the duck tape. "Thank you Arabella. It's better than the Bahamas."

Harry closes his eyes and puckers his lips. He looks so cute waiting for a kiss from me that I quickly grab the camera and snap a photo with his cute face. "Hey! Gimme that."

He tries to reach for the photo, but I put it up my sleeve. "It needs darkness to develop."

Harry lets out a groan and falls back in the bed, amongst the duck tape and camera supplies. The lamp casts pretty shadows across his face, showing off his tiny smile and dimple. "I never got my kiss." He whispers so it's almost inaudible. Feeling bad and also wanting a kiss, I crawl on top of my god of a boyfriend and lean over his face. He closes his eyes and puckers his lips again, and I peck his soft lips. "Happy now?"

"Very." He says and wraps his arms around me. My head was laying on his chest and my legs entangled with his. I could hear the little "lub-dub" of his heart in my ear, and somehow it made me love him more.

"You know, you could make a scrapbook out of all the pictures you take. It'd be a nice memento."

"I could give it to our children." I hear his heartbeat speed up when he says this.

Choosing to ignore the "our" part and not wanting to crush his dreams of having kids with me because I still didn't want them, I say softly, "You could."

I hear his heart skip a beat.

"You know... That shelf in the bathroom is still cleaned off..." he trails off.

This time my heart skips a beat. Holy shit. Instead of thinking with my negative head, I let my heart do the talking. "I'm gonna need more than one shelf with all my shit."
••••••••••••••••
We planned it all out. I would move into Harry's house at the end of the month. I wanted to keep the apartment a little longer in case we would have a downfall and I'd have to leave. But I could tell Harry wanted me with him as soon as possible. He made room in his massive closet, cleared off shelves in his library for my books, and even made a little nook where I could read with my fish tank watching on. If that isn't love, I don't know what is.

We were having a last hurrah party at my apartment. Music was flowing through the speakers, and I was cooking the only thing I knew how to make. Home made hot dish. Harry brought some beer, so I was sipping on that while I made the food.

"OMG I love this song!" Harry shouts from across from me. The Middle by Jimmy Eats World was playing. Harry stands up from his spot, and starts dancing wildly. He was a mess of flailing arms, hair flips, and shoulder jerks. I couldn't help but laugh at his performance. "What're you laughing at?" He smiles and grabs my hands.

I couldn't dance worth shit, but Harry took it in stride. He spins me around, swings his arm with mine, and dips me. While he dips me, he plants a kiss on my lips. Harry grabs his camera and takes a photo of me mid twirl. Instead of bitching at him, I pull him in and wrap my arms around his big frame. We couldn't help the laughs that cascaded from our mouths, or the off pitch singing.  I didn't care if the food was burning, or if the world was tumbling around us. I didn't care about my family, or work, or if things were going to fall apart between Harry and I. It was just us and our careless dancing.