the epliogue

A kid was crying on the floor; his face a mess of scratches and bruises, his legs broken and  bloodied. Izuku knew, for sure, that his friend, Kachaan, had gone too far; too far to turn a cold shoulder; too far to say that he didn't mean it.

"Apologize, Kachaan!"

He had no idea what was going to happen to him. Syke. He knew that he was going to end up looking worse than the kid, maybe even worse. 

"If you don't apologize, Kachaan, I'll-I'll never forgive you!"

"Move out of the way, Deku. You quirkless bastard."

Kachaan didn't care about his friend, or that he had just doomed the bloody kid to a horrible life. His philosophy was that he was the star, and the rest were just extras. 

He was a monster in sheep's clothing.

He charged the kid and Izuku, backed by his 3 extra-sorry, friends. Izuku was the last thing they saw.

Then they saw him again.

His face was completely bloody, the green hair nearly dyed. His shirt was torn, his chest almost as bloody as his face. His leg oozed something darker.

They saw the kid: same as before; otherwise completely unhurt.

Tears were streaming down Kachaan's face now as realized what he had done.

" He took the full blow... just to save him."

He told the kid to go get help while he tried to stop the bleeding. While he tried to reverse what he had done. He told his goons to leave him alone. This was his fault,and he alone should do the amending.

While looking back, he realized that he had been too childish to listen, that he shouldn't have mauled the kid. His actions had caused him to put himself in harm's way. He didn't deserve to have a quirk. He didn't deserve to live, for heaven's sake.

 And then suddenly he had heard a voice.

"Back away!"

He never thought he'd have been gladder to see the ambulance pull up. He explained the whole thing to them and helped load him into the ambulance.

six hours later...

"Is he going to be okay?"

"He tolerated you  for four to six years; I suspect he'll be just fine."

"I deserve that but it's still cold."

"The truth hurts, and, for the record, you nearly killed him. "

The doctor came in and told him his results. He said that he was going to be okay;he had held up fine, he was breathing normally, and for the record, his wounds healed up quickly. however, their was one problem.

"His bone that seals his ki from turning into a power is broken. It is beyond repair, and was amputated. He might, just might get a power. Their's something more. When he was about to get attacked, his speed strength, and mental ability increased. Also, his wounds healed up on his own. If that wasn't enough, a blue sphere floated up to him and his body absorbed the power. This was when the bone broke."

No way, thought everyone else in room. 

"Welcome to the New Age, family and friends."