Preservere

The next weeks were doing the same thing over and over again for Izuku. Cleaning beaches, lifting weights, and working out the limiters that stopped him from getting stronger. He also trained with Kachaan and Sirrachi, his friends. Even though Kachaan had been reluctant at first, after countless reassurances that it would be alright and that he was forgiven, he decided to help him with his strength. I happened to walk into a training session with them and managed to get firsthand accountsof their training. 

"My quirk is all about the strength in the arms. The stronger you are, the less likely that you will receive the side effects," kachaan said. 

I watched in wonder as the boy lifted up 3000 pounds. He clearly would be needed to be watched. Next, I watched the two fight. It seemed like the boy was using his quirk, along with the other's quirks, interchangeably. How strange was that? He couldn't possibly be able to do that, as people can only have one quirk per person. Then he did something even more surprising. 

As he was fighting, the girl snuck up on him and attacked. I thought he was done. I was dead wrong. He sped up, and knocked them both out. The two congratulated him, and I walked back to my home.

Home. I wondered if I could even call it home. It's pretty hard to say that when your dad uses you as a punching bag, and your mother's in rehab. Just as I was turning to go,I felt a hand on my shoulder.

I turned around to see the kid, and was surprised to see his hand on fire. I grimaced, thinking about my  father.

"Your Shouto, right? Endavor's kid. Nice to have a face with the name. I think it's cool that you have control of two elements. Must be nice."

I was shocked.Usually people fawn over me, pretending to actually like me, when in reality, they only want my fame. This kid, however,treated me like an equal. I liked it.

"Yeah, about that, I kinda vowed never to use my left," I said, knowing what would come next.

"Does it happen to do with the fact that he is abusive?" 

"What?" I asked, shocked that he knew. "How did you..."

"I know a bunch of people that decided not to because of that. I just guessed. If you ask me, it's your power, so you shouldn't let other people dictate how you use it. Well, I didn't have a quirk until my accident, so, I guess I can't say anything."

"Really?", I asked, as pieces  started falling into place. Wait...

"Your All Might's son! I can't believe it! I'm standing- and talking-to the guy who can use other people's quirks, only a hundred times better! I-"

"Hey, I thought I was the one who should be fangirling. Pleased to meet you anyway."

As we talked, I realized that he was the person that I would have to beat to become the number 1 hero. I wondered if I would be able to do it.

He noticed and said, "I know what your old man wants you to do, and i'm not stopping you. Just promise me this. Give all you got, every time. Preservere. It's your power. How you use it is up to you."

Soon I had to leave, and he went back to training. As I walked home, one word stuck in my mind.

It was the word that keeps me going now.

Persevere.