Promotional

I made a new story called R.I.S.E(Rage, Insurge, Save, Embrace). The story is about a girl named Carrie, who has powers of the earth. as her home is attacked, she is taken to the Raiden institute, and then taken into the R.I.S.E. And she must learn to rise.

I got the idea from looking at my roots. As an African American, I am not supposed to succeed. However my dad proved them wrong and then my mom. Then they themselves put restrictions on me, wanting me to be a doctor. However, I want to be an engineer. And then I realized the method to their madness.

Africans were kings and queens. Then they were taken from their homeland as slaves. After slavery was abolished, they tried to hinder our learning. But we rose, and kept rising. So they shut us down. But we rose again.

Then they segregated us, and put in the poorest neighborhoods, often only improving after whites came in. But we rose again.

So this story is to tell those people that think that they can't that they can. Because if a race that was nearly wiped out, enslaved, and locked up in a cage, can become successful, then you can.

So please read it. For me and you. Because together we can break the barriers of racism that has bound us since the beginning of time.