grandma; ringo starr

I'm so sorry but I love this man so much I can't help it

Imagine taking Ringo with you to visit your grandma. You two took her shopping and for a walk in the park before returning to her apartment building. Your grandma had the best time, and Ringo did too (after he got over his nerves -- he really wanted to impress her). She really liked your boyfriend and enjoyed getting to know him.

The whole day tired you out however, and when they were talking about god knows what, you excused yourself to go to the bathroom. You figured they wouldn't miss you too much, and you could sneak a little nap in. So instead of going to the bathroom, you stepped softly into your grandma's bedroom and collapsed on top of the mattress.

Sure enough, you snuggled into her pillows and fell asleep, sunlight filtering into the room through her sheer curtains.

Ringo would periodically look at a clock hanging onto the wall, waiting for you to walk down the hallway and sit back by his side. When you didn't after fifteen minutes, he got worried.

"Do you think Y/N is still in there?"

Your grandma giggled and rolled her eyes. "Sure she is, where else would she be?"

"Well, she doesn't normally take that long." Both of them laughed and your grandma got up, leaning on Ringo for support.

"Fine, I'll go check on her," she smiled warmly down at him. She made her way down the hallway and Ringo followed distantly behind her to make sure she'd be okay.

When he walked past her bedroom, something caught his eye, making him look again. A smile slid onto his face and he leaned in the doorway.

"I found her, m'am."

Your grandma peaked in and she too, smiled. "Isn't she-"

"Beautiful?" He finished for her, his voice barely above a whisper. Ringo looked at you adoringly, a soft sigh leaving his lips.

"Yes," your grandma looked up at him and smiled, laying her hand on his forearm, "we'll let the little one sleep until dinner time, c'mon, I'm going to teach you how to cook, young man."

Ringo smiled and obliged, following her into the kitchen. He did everything your grandma told him to do, and when the meal was in the oven, she looked up at him curiously.

"So, are wedding bells on the horizon for you, Richard?"

Ringo blushed and looked down at his feet, nodding. "Yes, I think so," he said shyly, "we didn't get together with the intentions to marry, and I know how young she is but I'm really, really in love with her. I've been thinking about it a lot lately... And if you would allow me too, I'd like to propose to her soon."

"Of course I would," she beamed, mussing up his hair. "I can't imagine anyone I'd rather see her with. I know you'll treat her well and be a good provider."

"Thank you, that really means a lot to me," he chucked, smiling brightly, "now I just have to talk to her father."

"Talk to dad about what?" You walked into the kitchen with them and wrapped your arms around Ringo from behind. Your grandma raised her eyebrows and smirked, turning her attention to the roast in the oven.

"Your birthday present, dear," he lied, leaning down and kissing your nose, "I see you've woken up."