stars; paul mccartney

inspo ^^

Imagine dating Paul in high school. You're both seniors and have been together since you were sophomores. Graduation is in a month, and Paul was by your side as you opened numerous acceptance letters.

He promised to follow you wherever you went. Both of you got jobs to pay for an apartment you'd share, and you'd plan to work study for extra money while Paul would be performing at pubs or even in the street.

It was a very exciting time for both of you.

The sun was beginning to set as you sat at your desk, focussed on studying for one of your finals. Paul was lying on your bed, his hands folded on his stomach.

He looked over at you and smiled brightly. "Yer so beautiful." He crawled across your bed and sat at the end of it to be closer to you.

"Paulie, please," you laughed softly and tried to keep your eyes on your book as his hand crept up your thigh. He leaned over and kissed your cheek, humming softly.

"Do you think the stars are proud of us?" He spoke softly, his accented voice sounding more sincere than ever before.

You looked at him and raised your eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

"Well, look at ye," he signed softly and looked down at his feet, "you're busting your ass, getting yourself into college, we're only going to live together because you work so hard. The stars are proud of you, but what have I done?"

"You asked me to homecoming in tenth grade," you said, laying your hand on his cheek. He leaned into your touch and looked up at you.  "You started this. And you've done plenty to contribute, this is all your idea. I'd still be miserable if it weren't for you."

He nodded sheepishly and gave you a gentle kiss, pressing his forehead against yours afterwards. "All I do is play a stupid bass."

"Its not stupid," you nuzzled your nose against his, "and when your band takes off, we're going to be stupidly rich, and when I'm a nurse we're gonna-"

"Get married?" He asked, spinning the promise ring he gave you last Christmas that sat on your finger.

You giggled and nodded, kissing the corner of his lips.

"I'm gonna buy you the most beautiful house ever, I love you."

"I love you too, Paulie."