What Are We Doing?

"With The 16th pick in the NBA draft the Philadelphia Seventy-Sixers select........ Zhaire Smith from Texas Tech." The basketball commissioner said causing my family to erupt in joy. I hugged my brother Zhaire so tight it was great finally seeing him live out the dream he had always worked hard for. We sat there hugging for a quick second. "Thanks for always pushing me Y/n." He said in my ear. "And you for always running suicides with me." I said kissing my son MJs cheek. I smiled kissing his cheeks trying not to cry as he went to hug the rest of our family. We went to the little family & friends area to further celebrate with other players that have been drafted along with some of the Sixers players.

I stood up bouncing MJ to sleep. "Long Time No See." I heard someone say as they stood beside me. I looked up rolling my eyes to see my ass hole of an Ex Markelle standing beside me. "How about we make it an even longer time of not seeing each other." I said stepping away from him into the hallway only to bump into my brother who just finished answering press questions & taking pictures. "Z.... he's here." I said trying not to cry. "I knew he would be here because he's like the face of the franchise & everything but why couldn't they send Ben or Joel. Idk it's been almost two years since I've seen him & I just don't know." I finished putting my head on my brothers shoulder. "Hey. Come on now. You are doing better little sis. Calm down." Zhaire said. I did what he said taking deep breaths calming myself down. "How about you get out of here take my nephew back to the hotel & y'all get some rest." Zhaire said hugging us one last time before heading back into the room with everyone.

I say in the lobby with MJ still sleep in my arms waiting for my Uber to arrive. "I can take you & your little brother back to y'all hotel so you don't have to sit here holding him." Markelle said sitting next to me as he looked down at his feet. "No thanks. We have an Uber on the way." I said as my mind raced completely thinking about the array of events that can possibly happen. Markelle sighed next to me standing up taking MJ out of my arms. "Come on the Valet just pulled my car up." He said heading toward his car with MJ. I followed close behind because I really didn't have the energy or emotional stability to argue with him. I climbed in his GWagon as he placed MJs carriers in his backseat. "Where are y'all going?" He asked pulling up his gps. "The Towers" I said as I looked down at my feet. He typed it in pulling out of the Barclays Center.

The ride was awkward until MJ woke up crying. "Oh come on mamas boy you where sleeping just fine." I mentally slapped myself forgetting where i was. I rolled my eyes not preparing for the questions Markelle will ask as soon as I finished with MJ. MJ quickly downed the bottle & was on his way back to sleep. "So he's your son huh?" He said not taking his eyes off the road. "Yea. So what?" I said looking out the window. "What's his name?" He said. "MJ." I replied quickly. "How old is he?" Markelle asked. " he will be 1 on October 15." I said as markelle pulled up in front of our hotel. "Thank you for the ride." I said getting out grabbing MJs carrier. "Don't worry I'll get him." Markelle said grabbing him from me.

We headed toward the hotel elevator. I pulled the covers that where covering MJs carsest off. We stepped into the elevator of course it was only us. I pressed the 4th floor button while the doors closed. "So what does MJ stand for?" Markelle asked finally breaking the silence. I looked at him as he clenched his jaw & looked at MJ. Fuck was all I could say in my mind. "Um.. it stands for Markelle Jr." I said exiting the elevator as the doors opened. Markelle just followed laughing. "Nah fr stop playing what does MJ stand for." He said going in our rooms as I opened the door. "I wish I was." I said. Markelle took MJ & layed him on the bed turning on the baby monitor closing the door. He sat on the couch tapping his foot lightly clenching his jaw. "Y/n.... PLEASE don't tell me you hid my son from me for almost a year."  He said. "What did you expect me to do Markelle.... do you not remember how the fuck we ended our damn relationship back in Seattle." I said. "Yes i do. & we didn't end anything. You was the one that broke up with me." He said. "Sorry I got tired of getting played, cheated on, & lied to." I said not trying to think back to what happened. "Come on now. I was young & in college. I didn't want to be tied down." He said "of course I already knew that. You told me that all the time..... I was a senior in high school I had boys trying to get at me the whole time I was with you. But i didn't fold or even slightly entertain any of them niggas. Wish i could say the same about you." I said. "We will sit down & have this convo another day... about you & me.." he said

"When did you find out you where pregnant." He continued laying back on the couch. "In April . I was already 3months by then. And we had just broken up. You and just declared for the draft. I didn't want it to make it seem like i was holding you back in any way shape or form. So I kept it between my brother & mother & me." I said. He smacked his hand against table causing me to jump. "WHY TF WOULD YOU HIDE MY SON FROM ME IDC WHAT WE WHERE GOING THROUGH YOU STILL SHOULDVE TOLD ME." He yelled in my face. "WHAT DID YOU EXPECT ME TO DO! Don't you dare you know if I would've bought this to you when I found out you would've made it seem like I was trying to trap you. I wanted you to do what you worked so hard for in Seattle." I said taking a deep breath. " I didn't want to ruin your life Kel... I just wanted to see you be successful & great without a care in the world." I finished as I broke out in tears. "And I could've done that with the both of you in my life Y/n." He said pulling me into his chest. "No Markelle. You could've done that with MJ in your life not me. You put me through so much Markelle. You weren't even in the league yet & couldn't be loyal, so I knew there was no way you would as you where on the road & traveling." I said getting up going toward the door. "All I ever wanted was a woman like you in my life Y/n I know I fucked up. I shouldn't have treated you the way I did when I was younger & I apologize for that. This year in the league has really made me man up & become a better person. Can you please just let me be apart of the both of y'alls life from this point on." He said. "You can be in your sons life. I want him out of the press so we will figure something out about that. As for my life your only welcomed in it when it deals with MJ." I said opening the door.

"So what are we doing? He said walking toward me. He grabbed my chin lift my head up so I could look him in his eyes. Next thing I knew the door was closed & my back was against it as my legs where wrapped around Markelles waist as we intensely made out. Everything in me wanted to scream & push him off me, but there's was a part of me that had wished for this moment for a little over a year. Markelles lips had now found their way to all the sweet spots on my neck. "Markelle put me down." I managed to get out as I tried to contain my moans. "What for. You felt that I know you do." He said. "Of course I felt that. I haven't had any type of interaction like that with a man since you. You do something to me. But like I said I can't go back down that road." I said reaching back behind me to open the door. "You asked me what are we doing... well we are co-parenting MJ nothing more." I said standing next to the opened door. "I guess we'll be in touch then." Markelle said walking out of the hotel room.
______________________
What do you guys think about this image. Comment players you would like. Btw I may or may not be in the works on a PJ Washington book just bc that's my man🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 comment, vote, like😊😊