Chapter 4

The nurse is taking Midoriya’s pulse after they emptied his stomach and did god knows what else to him.

“Will he be okay?” Shoto asks and she nods.

“I do believe we got to him in time, but that is why he’s still here you know. We can’t do any tests while he’s still unconscious, so we’re just being careful.” She says to the over stressed Shoto.

She nods her head and writes on his chart.

“You really should get some rest you know. We don’t want you lying here next to him. You haven’t slept in two days; I promise he’ll be fine.” She says in a motherly tone and Shoto just nods numbly. He really doesn’t want to leave his friends side, what if he wakes up and he’s all alone. Just then his phone chimes for the thirtieth time; he grabs it annoyed and checks the screen.

-Is the idiot still alive? - Bakugo

-Fuck off and die!!!!- Shoto replies
angrily and shuts his phone.

‘I really need to sleep, but I don’t want to leave him alone for even a minute.’ He thinks to himself and sits on the chair, holding Midoriya’s hand in his own.

“You need to wake up now. Please just wake up.” He pleads and rests his head on Midoriya’s hand.

He hears the door open and close, but doesn’t pay attention, probably just a nurse or a doctor.

“Jeez shithead, you look like death. Go get some sleep, your mood is like fucking death itself.” He hears an annoying voice and as he lifts his head, he glares daggers at the person.

“I told you to fuck off and die. What the fuck do you want now? It’s not like you can beat him to a pulp, so why are you here?” He asks angrily, but he’s honestly too tired to keep arguing.

“I didn’t come to hurt him. I just came to see if he’s okay.” Bakugo says quietly and guiltily.

“Why do you care? You caused most of this. So why care now?” Shoto asks as he lays his head on Midoriya’s hand again.

“I don’t know. I just do. I told you before, he belongs to me.” He says the last part unconvincing and Shoto shakes his head.

“I don’t hope you think that you can just take him. He still has a choice you know, but then again you’re brutal, so you’ll force him, even if he doesn’t want to.” Shoto says accusingly ad Bakugo nods.

“Yeah, no denying that, it’s just he pisses me off so much. No matter what I did to the fucking loser, he just wouldn’t stop. He’ll always be nice and he always forgave me and it pissed me off even more. I wanted him to die and just disappear, but when he was taken to the hospital that day and you told me what he did, it felt as though my heart stopped beating.” Bakugo explains shyly and Shoto stares at him unbelieving.

“You were so scared of losing him, you could die? Then why did you treat him so badly after everything he did. And don’t give me a crap story tell me the truth or so help me, I will kill you.” Shoto asks, never taking his eyes of Midoriya for a moment.

“After the first time I almost beat him to death, the fucker actually came to see if I felt better. I was so fucking pissed off I wanted to strangle him and yet after every time, he’ll always ask if I felt better. Sometimes even before I beat him, he’d tell me that if it made me feel better, he won’t fight. The idiot was always fucking thinking about me first, doesn’t matter what I did to him, he just couldn’t hate me and after a while, I didn’t hate him anymore, I just said I did. Something in me changed, but at that point I didn’t know how to change the way I treated the idiot. So I just kept it the way it was, but every time afterwards, I’d feel like fucking shit. Not that I’d ever admit that to anyone if you told them.” He says and Shoto bursts out laughing.

“You’re the fucking craziest son of a bitch I have ever fucking met in my life. Somewhere along the way you fell in love with him, but seeing that you’re a dick, you didn’t know it. Instead of trying to figure out your feelings, you kept fucking with him and fucked him up even more. You really are you stupid piece of shit.” Shoto says and Bakugo’s anger flares.

“I am not in love with the fucking loser.” He retorts and Shoto smiles.

“Then why the fuck did you come to see him?” He asks and Bakugo shakes his head.

“I just needed to see that he’s okay.” He says and Shoto smiles.

“Yeah, you’re definitely not in love with him. Get the fuck out and go sort your own feelings before you ever come near him again.” Shoto growls and Bakugo can only stare at him.
He walks over to Midoriya and touches his hand.

“You better wake up you piece of shit.” He says quietly as he stares at Midoriya’s sleeping face.

“Leave Kacchan. I’m not telling you again.” Shoto says and Bakugo turns and growls menacingly.

“You don’t get to call me that idiot.” He says and Shoto smiles.

“Ironic how only one person is allowed to call you that. How you always react to that name even though you hate it?” Shoto says and points to the door.

“Leave.” Is all he says as he turns back to Midoriya, laying his head down on his hand again.

“You shouldn’t be so mean to Kacchan. He’s really not a bad guy.” He hears Midoriya’s voice and his eyes fly open.

“How long have you been awake?” He asks shocked, hoping that he didn’t hear the conversation.

“Ever since the nurse was here. I didn’t open my eyes, because I don’t want to be asked a lot of questions.” He says in barely a whisper, but still laboured.

“I’ll call the doctor.” Shoto says and Midoriya nods slowly.

As Shoto exits to find the nurse or doctor, he realises that Izuku had heard the whole conversation and his heart sinks. ‘This is just going to end badly.’ He thinks to himself as he calls the nurse to tell her that Izuku is awake.