Chapter 13 (six years later)

“Come on daddy. Uncle Shoto’s waiting outside.” The bouncing ball of energy calls as he jumps off his chair.

“Izuku, be careful. You can break something.” Bakugo berates, but the boy just smiles.

“Come on daddy. You’re so slow this morning.” He says as his black tail whips in excitement.

“You know you drive me nuts right. You’re just like Midoriya. Can’t sit still for one moment.” He laughs and little Izuku’s eyes go wide.

“Daddy, are we going to go see mommy today?” The child asks as he turns quiet and Bakugo nods.

“You know that every year on your birthday we go greet mommy first.” Bakugo says as he kneels before his son and puts his shoes on.

“Now let’s go before Uncle Shoto throws a fit, because we’re late again.” He says holding out his hand and taking the smaller one in his.

Looking at his son, he realises that he’ll forever be grateful towards Shoto for stopping him that night when he wanted to leave. It’s been hard sometimes looking after little Izuku, but he loves this child with his whole heart and everytime he laughs, he reminds him so much of Midoriya.

He misses his mate everyday, but having this little energizer bunny from hell as been his comfort.

“Come on you two. You’re so slow this morning.” Shoto shouts from inside the car and Izuku points toward Bakugo.

“It’s daddy’s fault. He’s very slow this morning.” He says as he gets into the car and Bakugo puts his seatbelt on.

“Every year the same thing. You should get up earlier on his birthday. I always end up waiting twenty minutes.” Shoto says as he laughs.

“Oh f...hell no. He woke me up at four this morning. I swear he hates sleeping.” Bakugo says and Shoto laughs.
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Standing in front of Midoriya’s grave, Shoto and Bakugo stare at the words as little Izuku holds on to their hands.

“I love you mommy.” Izuku says and plants a kiss on the tombstone.

Staring from his father to his uncle, he smiles.

“I don’t think mommy would want you crying on my birthday.” He says as he tugs on their hands and they smile through their silent tears.

“Your mommy wouldn’t want us crying ever.” Shoto says and looks at Bakugo.

“Come on let’s go. I promised you a great birthday this year.” Bakugo says as he squeezes Izuku’s hand and they turn.

‘I love you Deku.’ Bakugo thinks as they head back to the car.