1 - Stars

FROM JEDI-HOLLANDS ON TUMBLR
Side note: it's quite long but definitely worth reading it!

Look at the stars, look how they shine for you.

Harry had been your best friend for ages, for as long as you could remember. And of course where Harry went, Sam followed. But for you, it had always been Harry. And low and behold, just as those cringy teen rom-coms predicted, you had fallen head-over-heels-flat-on-your-face for your best friend.

Throughout the years you had learned a lot about him. How he hated marmite, had a secret obsession with old school one direction and most importantly how much he loved the night sky, the stars.

When Harry was anxious, worried or felt that he had no control over his life, the stars helped him put it into perspective. There were billions, trillions even of stars in the galaxy and earth was so small. He liked to think that every single one of those stars had a reason for being there. even if no one knows what the reason is. It helped to remind him that he too was here for a reason. He had a purpose even if he didn't know what it was yet. It helped to ground him in his hectic life or when he was upset and needed to take time for himself.

When Sam left for france, Harry had begun to ask you regularly to stargaze with him. You knew Harry missed Sam greatly so when he called you at all sorts of strange hours and asked you to come over, you had to oblige. To be honest there were worse places to be on a friday night than snuggled up in a blanket on the roof of the Holland household with Harry.

And in time, you too began to fall in love with the stars. You adored them.

And oh lord, you adored him.

This time, it was a tuesday night, just turned 3am. You knew who was calling before you even picked up the phone.

"hey, Harry.. i'll be over in 10."

You heard him laugh a little down the phone and then hung up, pulling yourself upright in your bed and rubbing your eyes.

The mirror that faced your bed showed you a reflection that god you were not proud of. Your hair that had been up in a ponytail to stop it getting tangled while you slept was now half falling out and you were wearing an old tank top and shorts.

The Holland's house was a 10 minute drive from yours so once you had successfully dodged all the creaking floorboards and stairs your house possessed, you hopped into your car and drove straight there. The back streets of london were deserted, as you expected, at this hour so there was no traffic to slow you down.

When you reached Harry's, you parked and opened the gate that led to the house. You knew by now not to go to the front door but instead to sneak through the little gap in the bush and into the backyard where a ladder was propped against the house.

You stood at the bottom of the ladder and looked upwards to see the curly haired boy that was Harry smiling down at you.

Starting the ascent to the roof your stomach began to fill with butterflies. Harry had always given you butterflies and jeez, you really had a sucker for him and his brown eyes since the day you met at age 8.

"hey," Harry whispered when your head had appeared at the top of the ladder.

"what's up, Holland?" you replied sarcastically but smiling a little so he would know that you were sincere.