2021

“How long are we going to stay this time?” Jennie unnie sighed beside me.

We were just outside a soju tent near Itaewon spying on my ex-boyfriend.
I looked at my watch as it showed me the time.

3:21.

“Should I go inside unnie. They have never drank passed three in the morning. Maybe I shou-“

“Lisa it’s not your call to tend to him. He made it clear that he didn’t love you.” Her words cut through me. I wanted to protest that what she knew was false. But what do I really know? He’s changed after the breakup. He made it clear by telling everyone that he hasn’t been in love before and to quote: “I wanted to date an ARMY than a fellow celebrity.”

At first I was worried because after that painful night, he kept on calling me and everyone else around just so he can talk to me. Much worse is that he threatened to reveal our private messages and pictures just so I’d get back to him.

It was never meant to reach YG but Jennie was concerned and she turned him in. To which made me furious and that caused a big fight between the two of us.

His company was also worried and they made sure to never let him near me or bother me ever again.

Which leads me to do the stalking and spying.

6 months ago, his drinking trips stopped but Jimin had me know his best friend’s plans that’s why I’m back to this task again.

“Maybe they’re celebrating a successful comeback.” I wondered.

“Maybe…”

I was defeated and I realized that I’ve been stupid. But I don’t want to be bitter and deny myself that what I felt wasn’t real. Because until now, my heart still craves for him.

“I promise this will be the last Unnie.” I told Jennie looking out to the tent.

I really admire Jennie unnie’s strong character. We may look perfect and beautiful on the outside but just like me, the rest of the members have their own share of pain and heartaches.

“Please move on Lisa. I know it’s easier said than done, but we can’t bring up the past now. We just had to learn from it.”

I listened to her while my heart skip a beat when Taehyung came out from the tent with Hobi and Jungkook assisting him.

I stare at him for as long as I could because I knew it was my greatest regret to let him go.

Now I’m suffering from the consequences.

A black car sped in front of us and I thought for a second, he saw me through our car’s heavy tinted window.

I let out a sigh of relief when he was finally taken care of.

“Let’s go, unnie. And thanks for this.”
Jennie unnie looked at me before giving me a comforting hug.

“As much as I don’t want to mention it, I have to say he looks just as miserable as you.”

“We’re almost there!”

I wiped my tears quickly as my cousin yelled in excitement. The car ride made me remember what happened that early morning of my 24th birthday.

We were headed to Jeju to see the Teddy Bear museum. I didn’t want to go when she invited me to come with her. I still have to work on the clothing line Jennie unnie and I started. But word got to me that Taehyung was having an auction here so I changed my mind and came along.