2024

After our discussion in the kitchen, we ate with my family and spend the rest of the afternoon helping my parents with the green house.

I guess I've always known that he’s coming back to me but being with him right now gave me validation. And I’m really thankful that he’s okay.

Although his appearance changed a bit, his childish demeanour stayed. We playfully had our usual banters and petty quirks.

But the rest of the night, he admitted how worried he was of me. He found out about the scandal I got involved in and I could tell he was controlling his anger towards the person who spread those rumors. I tried to distract him by hugging him tight so he’ll forget about the past. It did work but then he proceed to kiss me after.

He told me a lot of stories about his adventures in the military. But after that he continued to give me lecture about making haste decisions and how annoyed he was about me running away. He stated and I quote; “I almost got myself kicked out of the military hadn’t Yoongi hyung’s convincing powers worked! Or else I’m really punishing you. I’m not kissing you for a month!”

As if. I chuckled at him which made him even more frustrated.

The next day, I took my Taehyungie to my favourite beach in the country.

He was playing by himself and snorkelling in the teal blue ocean while I read a poem by a modern day poet on the white chaise longue.

Because it wasn’t the peak season for tourists, there were only a handful of people in the resort. Having a good amount of money surely brings exclusivity. We almost argued awhile back about who’s paying our stay. I didn’t let him spend a dime and I won by means of shameless flirting.

My attention was gracefully torn away from the book I was reading and to the man running his way shirtless towards me. He was waving and calling me but again, my mind slows down when it comes to Taehyungah.

I pushed my back up and put half my weight on my elbows as I watch him, his proud stomach rippling in toned muscles, running towards me.

Why does everything he do beautiful?

“Lisa! Look, these shells are so pretty!”

How can he make so much sense even though he’s perfectly dumb?

“I found them near a starfish. It was so cute I almost touched it but I was too afraid it’ll hurt me.”

God, he’s really beautiful. The water dripping from his hair even compliments his facial structure. When his hands went up to his hair that was in a sexy undercut, I thought I’d drool on the spot.

“Lisa? Honey?”

Wow. Just... Wow.

I didn’t know that I was staring too long when he started pinching my cheeks.

“Why don’t you just admit that my abs make me look 100% better?” He laughed.

I swatted his hands away from my cheek when I snapped out of it. I pursed my lip then thought of something.

I smirked when he yelped after I pinched his stomach. Old habits are rarely forgotten.

“Yeah, you got them alright. But you’re still a baby-man. So abs or no-abs, you’re still no match for me.” I teased as I laughed at him massaging his abs.

When his scowl turned into a smug, I almost ran. I knew what that smile entails.

“Oh, you think I can’t win you?” He took a step forward while I took a step back. His arms were crossed and I gulped as his biceps were accentuated on full display. They weren’t that big, but compared to his usual built, I could tell his arms have gotten stronger. I felt my cheeks flush. Thank god it’s summer here, or else it would have been too obvious.

“Of course!” I challenged as I continue to step back while he approaches.
He raised an eyebrow at me and halted.

“Nah. I can win you.” He chuckled as he watches me lazily.

Then he winked at me. The fucker just did that!

And now that he was walking towards me, I found myself stuck in my position as if I was under his spell and that I can’t even stop looking into his eyes.

“See.”

I gasped when he wrapped his arms around my waist. “I’m your only match because I’m the only one who can win you.”

What happened after that was a bliss.