15. ( Beautiful Monster )

Chapter 15

•  Beautiful monster 

•  Beautiful monster  •

AS LYARRA WALKED through the hall, she couldn't contain the smile that spread on her lips. When Aegon passed her a note subtly after dinner, making sure neither Rhaenys nor Visenya had saw him, she had nodded her head to him, knowing exactly what she had to do. It had become a thing to them now, after months of meeting each other in secret, some would even say they had become experts by now. In all honesty, she was surprised no one had found out about them during all this time, but then again, even if they had, she doubted anyone would dare cross their King, their conqueror.

The handwritten note was a sign that Aegon would be waiting for her in his chambers, after everyone would have resided, a note she had been getting more frequently later. It wasn't easy for a King to roam the Keep unnoticed, especially when he was visiting Lyarra's chambers and with the suspicion that some of the servants had picked up on them growing, they both agreed they must be more careful than they were.

And so Lyarra walked the halls, wearing only her nightgown, her hair loose forming curls on her back and for once she felt the wind hitting her body again. The last few days, the weather in the capital had turned rather cold and even though most people found it obnoxious - including Rhaenys - , Lyarra enjoyed the chilling air more than she could admit. Maybe it was the Northern side of hers that cripped up to the surface, a side that she believed she had lost long ago.

Lyarra still couldn't decide whether she missed the North or not. There were times when she would long for her family, for Winterfell, for the Godswood and then there were others when the thought of her home scared her. But as she headed to Aegon's chambers, she was certain for one thing... She couldn't imagine her life without him in it and even if she could, she didn't want to.

It was the road to Aegon's chambers that made Lyarra hold her breath, clenching her fists to her side. It was a terrifying thing to always be scared, afraid that someone will see her, that they would find out, but after those minutes had passed and she was standing in front of his large wooden doors, all of her angst and worries had disappeared and there was only one thing on her mind... him.

Lyarra slipped her hand on the doorknob, hoping for it not to squeak, as she turned it to the side and after checking the hall for any unwanted eyes, she stepped inside the dim lighted room.

"Lyarra." Aegon's voice sounded like a melody to her ears, filling the silence of the room with warmth.

He was sitting in his bathtub, the one Lyarra had found so strange to be there when she had first saw it, but seeing Aegon now, laying naked, his stern body barely visible in the darkness, she was thankful that he had decided to build one in the first place. It wasn't regular to most people to have commodities like that in their rooms, but then again Targaryens weren't like most people, especially when it came to what they considered normal.