Chapter 4: Back Again

Saturday finally arrived, and I was rushing like a speeding car. The light of the sun immediately woke me up; I was jumping into my clothes with a smile on my face. My mom didn't know why I was so happy, but all she said was, "Good morning, you seem to be in an extremely good mood this morning." She served me waffles with extra syrup, my favorite morning breakfast. I started gulping it down with my milk. I was too excited that I couldn't chew my food right.

"Slow down, Kaley," Mom said. "Don't get a tummy ache. My goodness, you're so happy today."

After I finished my breakfast, I quickly tied my shoes, pulled up my hair, and grabbed my camera and the satellite dish. I rushed out the door and ran towards the forest. My mom told me to be careful as I ran towards the forest.

I'd figured he'd still be in the forest since it's probably the only safe place to hide among its natural surroundings. It kind of explains why we haven't found Bigfoot yet. As I entered the forest, it was much more peaceful and melodic during the day. The trees didn't look as scary as they do at night, the sun shone brighter, and the air was nice and warm. I didn't see any sign of the alien or anything unusual he left behind. So then, I started talking at the top of my voice, pretending to talk to myself so that I would get his attention, "Oh, my! What an ugly satellite dish! Why would a salesman give me this hunk of junk? I will just leave this here in this forest and maybe somebody will find it variable!"

I placed the satellite dish on a tree stump and hid behind a huge fallen tree. I took out my camera, aimed it at the satellite dish, waited patiently.

It felt like I had been waiting an hour for him. I was starting to get bored, so I did other things while I waited for him. I played with some pebbles and sticks, looked up at the sky, played with the dirt, and polished my camera a little bit. It was so boring and quiet that I started to nod off. I tried to keep my eyes open, but I end up falling asleep.

I don't know how long I slept, but I know I slept long and deep. I heard a soft sound in the distance that sounded like walking. I quickly took my camera, aimed it to where the satellite was, but there was no satellite dish on the stump. I can't believe it! I missed the alien again. How am I going to take the picture now? When I got up, my eyes caught something shocking. The satellite dish was right next to me. Did I forget to put it on the stump? My mind was spinning with confusion. If I put it on the stump, then how did it get here? But that's not the best part yet. I noticed a pair of feet next to the satellite dish. I looked up and saw a face that I quickly recognized. It was him! It was the alien! He was standing there, looking at me as if he was waiting for something. I was so awestruck that I lost my voice. I couldn't speak or scream. I was finally face to face with the alien. Everything around us was silent. He leaned forward slowly to get a good look at me, like a curious animal. My adrenaline fired up again, so I took off, and ran from him like a coward.

I ran so fast that the trees in the forest became a blur. The breeze rushed into my hair and face. I turned my head to see if he was behind me, but I didn't see him chasing me. I turned my back to look, and to my surprise, he was standing a few feet away. I panicked and my body almost crashed into him. I quickly turned away from him and ran the other direction. As I ran for my life, no matter where my head turn, I see him at every sight. I thought I was hallucinating. But then I realized that he probably has the power to teleport, or he was incredibly fast. Since I was too panicky to pay attention to where I was going, I suddenly tripped on a root and sprained my ankle.

I sat up, but it was too difficult to move my ankle. I looked up and noticed that the alien was standing a foot away from me. I stared at him, observing his nice shade of light green skin, the soft green hair, and his beautiful emerald-green eyes. They were the most beautiful green eyes I'd ever seen. He, too, continued to stare at me, observing me too. Then he sat down on the ground and cross his legs. Silence flowed around us like honey.