Introduzione

English version

June 1, 2084

-Exceptis: "But are you sure, dear Gabriel, of wanting to tell you everything?

-G .: "Yes, grandfather, you promised me. You're the only one who can still explain to me what was so strange about the world you lived in as a kid. "

-Exceptis: "All right, all right. I'll tell you everything I know. What do you care to know in particular? "

-G.:" Mum when he talks to dad always uses the word "paradoxical". Can you tell me why? "

-Exceptis: "Mom is right, it's the right term: paradoxical. It was all a paradox. We had everything, and people killed themselves for nothing, we liked to feel independent, to believe in free minds, and we believed everything, even the most stupid things.

-G.:" In what sense, grandfather? Explain yourself better. "

-Exceptis: "We were certainly not a united society. It seemed that there was this mania to want to distinguish at any cost from each other and to do this everyone offered themselves to the most improbable nuances of globalized society. The intentions were good, of course. "Everyone thinks as he wants," we liked to say. It is a beautiful phrase, a beautiful principle of social integration, but the soul of the people of that time was not yet ready to live it in everyday life. And no ideology has ever created more disasters in history like relativism.

-G.:"Aspetta,frena a second grandfather. Would you say that the individuality of people is bad? "

Exceptis: "No, absolutely. And here is the first paradox. You see, once, when my grandparents were young, the different was scary and went either integrated or crushed. Or assimilated or killed. You will have studied it at school I guess, you know what I mean. "

-G .: "Yes, we are studying them now the totalitarianisms of the twentieth century."

-Exceptis: "Well, while it was like that, in the following century the situation was overturned. The different attracted, the stranger was a source of attention and a source of protection. We began to observe small groups of individuals who came out of the dogmas and social customs. These small individuals, thanks also to social media, grew notoriety, and people went behind, attracted by the diversity that hypnotized, bewitched, perhaps not even knowing why. But if it was different, that was enough. Once this group of individuals grew and their values ​​passed to be integrated customs and customs integrated into the establishment, here came new ones. And the cycle began again.

-G .: "A little intricate but I understood. But in all this then where is the evil? I can not understand. "

-Exceptis: "You know, I could not even understand it at first. Because I was born and grew up and it seemed like the world had always been like that. But it was not like that, it's just the experience and the age that make me say these things. Evil, however, is soon said. There were all the conditions for a truly free and individualistic society, under the banner of free thought. The problem was only one: we did not have any points of reference. We had lost the compass, the polar star, the road that led to our soul. Good and evil were two very vague concepts with blurred limits and continually redefined. We were skid sheep, who did not accept the borders of the sheepfold and refused to listen to the words and directions of the Shepherd. "

-G: "So grandfather, it was a kind of competition for those who strayed more from the sheepfold and the Shepherd".

-Exceptis: "Exactly, but what made this so subversive and cruel to say the least, was the pillory for which all the few sheep were left that remained within this fold and who still trusted the words of the Shepherd. They were in the midst of so many blisses that confused their ears, but more were despised and more felt reassured by the Shepherd. A mechanism that led to a complete division of the flock, with sheep coming out of the fold, so sure of their strength individual, they voluntarily refused to reconstitute themselves in a flock and to build palettos around them. They did not know that it would come the night sooner or later, and they would realize that the real strength lay in admitting their weakness and the need to be led by the Pastor, who had deliberately abandoned them. "