NIGHTWING X READER ☾ CONFESS TO ME

REQUESTED BY: karlavan-

KEYS;

Y/N = YOUR NAME

H/N = HERO NAME

STATUS; UNEDITED

You had always thought it was childish; words depicted of love and caring being thrown aimlessly between one another, breaks of laughter filling any silence. You were children - love wasn't meant to mean anything.

Of course, at times, you felt that the way he kept his hand on your waist sometimes was too long for it to be a joke, but it never really meant anything.

You had met Robin before joining the team, and there had never been any rivalry. Flirty comments were passed around, often hands were held, but you always told yourself you didn't want anything from him - just a friend.

It started when you were in the training room together.

"Hey, Y/N," Robin started, getting your attention from the other side of the room. "If you were a fruit, what would you be?"

You paused for a moment. "I think- that's literally the stupidest question."

He grinned. "Well, I think you'd be a fine-apple." 

You started at him and flashed a brief smile. "Oh my God, I'm blushing," you said, sarcasm getting the better of you. "Can I tie your shoes? I don't want you falling for anyone else."

Robin glanced at his shoes, then back at you. "My shoes don't-" He stopped, his grin returning to his face. "So is this a thing now? A competition?"

Smirking, you headed out of the training room. "It's not a competition if I've already won."

Getting older, some may have thought that you had grown out of it. Instead, it only made you closer as friends and teammates. 

"Those gloves look cute on you," Nightwing said, his motorbike coming up beside yours.

Smirking under the helmet, you made your own comment. "Your helmet doesn't look cute on you - hides the beautiful smile underneath."

"You're making me blush," he responded with a coo. Wordlessly, you continued on to your destination, while the invisible blush from your face faded.

Pressing a finger to the communicator, you looked at the map on the holographic screen. "We are 500 yards away from the location," you stated.

"You'll need to act quickly," Batman responded into the comm, whom of which was away in the safety of his own cave, undoubtedly which annoyed you. Why couldn't he come and face the joker himself? "The signal was lost thirty minutes post-departure."

Sparing a glance at Nightwing, you increased your speed over the hill. The was call ended.

The building was damp and chilly, the ground frosted with a layer of ice.

"I already know I'm gonna need a shower after this," you sighed, continuing to sneak around the sides of the building.