KLADUR'AHM X READER ☾ TOO BE FREE

Requested by lizardgurl

season: 3 - Outsiders (SPOILERS - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!)

Keys;

Y/N = YOUR NAME

S/H/N = SUPERHERO NAME

You had made up your mind and the goal had been set. Walking on eggshells had turned into walking through wet sand. You had been with the Justice League for just over two years and it was crumbling to pieces; lines were becoming blurred, and the once thought to have been gray areas on certain missions were starting to become multiple shades - some darker, some lighter, and some disagreed on which it was. Maybe it was just the lies being exposed that made certain members uncomfortable. 

Unsurprised by Batman's asking of you to resign from the League, you still found yourself hesitant, telling him you would give him word within the week leading up to the next meeting where he was planning to resign alongside other members. 

"You seem at war with yourself," Kaldur said to you during the lead up to that meeting. After taking up the mantle of Aquaman, you found seldom time to spend with Kaldur, despite both of you being long-known protectors of the ocean and League Members, him being the reason you wanted to be initiated in the first place. You had hidden away in your library when he had found you - for once he was in his much more casual attire. It stranged you when you saw him constantly wearing his armor, as if ready for battle at any moment. But after the loss of Arthur, you weren't entirely shocked.

"What makes you believe that?" You asked, putting the book back on the shelf, knowing you were going to retreat it later. 

"We've been friends for a long time, Y/N," Kaldur replied, a warm smile gracing his features, sending a pleasant feeling down your spine. "I should know by now that when you dig your nose in a book you're actually putting something off."

"I was just thinking about the team," you mumbled, looking away from Kaldur. "How we always trained and worked together and knew how to have fun - now we only see them during a League meeting or some kind of mission."

Smile faltering, Kaldur placed a soft on your shoulder, thumb grazing your skin as he did. "I miss them, also," he replied. 

"Sometimes I wish things would go back to the ways they once were - at least making decisions were not difficult then." You could feel yourself wanting to pull away from Kaldur's warm touch, reminding yourself to never get too comfortable with the King.

"So you have thought about my proposal?" Kaldur asked, seemingly nervous but at the more curious of your answer. He had asked you to take his side at the throne, excusing that it would be some kind of leverage for your place in the kingdom and the League. His asking had taken you by surprise because how were you expected to give him the answer he expected when you knew you couldn't expect the same of yourself? You told yourself that maybe you would learn to fully love him, more than you already did, but were afraid of what might happen if you did take the seat next to him. 

You nodded slowly. "I have been thinking about it, a-and I'm still trying to wrap my head around the whole idea - I mean, ruling Atlantis... if you had told me about it six years ago, I'd know what I had wanted."

"And what would it had been?"

"Well, with the surface world showing me so many possibilities potential, I would've just wanted to remain free."

You were nervous at the table - arms tightening around your chest whenever someone spoke with a little too much haste or venom in their voice. Attempting to keep your gaze away from Kaldur, you decided to focus in on Wonder Woman.