NIGHTWING X READER ☾ COVERT

REQUESTED BY: AmberRose703

KEYS;

Y/N = YOUR NAME

"This is crazy, right?" You said, eyes following the waves as they crashed against the sand. "I mean, this whole thing, that we're doing. It's crazy. Not the whole 'dating-a-hero' thing, just the 'dating-your-brothers-best-friend-and-hoping-he-never-finds-out'-"

You were stopped when lips pressed against your own, your eyelids shutting as you leaned into the kiss.

"Stop fretting," Richard said, pressing his forehead against yours. "He doesn't know, and won't know until we tell him."

You knew that dating Richard would be a difficult challenge with your brother constantly around. Hey, it wasn't your fault that your annoying older brother had a freakishly hot best friend that will agree on everything you find aggravating about Wally. It wasn't your fault that the one time you had all been playing Spin the Bottle that you landed on Richard and had to kiss him in front of your brother and pretend you didn't like it. It wasn't your fault that during training you would always pair up with Richard. 

But now that you were dating, and Wally had moved in with Artemis, you were able to be more open with your relationship around the Team, where appropriate and where Batman or the Flash was around. Of course.

So it wasn't unusual that when you went to visit Wally at his home, Richard was with you. Showing up in different cars. And walking up the path at different times. 

You grinned when you saw Artemis again, happy that you finally got to see your friend again. "Long time no see," you said, entering the house and kicking your shoes off. "How have you been?"

"Good," she said, a smile dancing on her own face. You glanced at Richard for a moment before looking at Artemis again. She looked at Richard, then at you. Then at Richard, then back at you. And you could tell she was calculating something as her eyes grew wider. "Wait-"

"Oh, wow!" You said forcefully, pushing past her and into the lounge. "Since when did you two decide to adopt a puppy?" You picked up the small dog, holding it gently in your arms. 

Wally laughed. "Only a few weeks ago - still deciding on the name."

"Cute," Richard said. You desperately tried to hide your blush by keeping your eyes on the puppy.

You had both decided to stay for dinner, and you decided to help Wally with the dishes. "Y'know, after all those years of mum having to pester you into doing the dishes, it's amazing to see that you're doing them willingly."

Wally scoffed, playfully splashing water from the tap at your face. "The same could be said for you!"

"Yeah, but at least I did the vacuuming when I was told!" You said, splashing even more water at him. Using one of the cups, Wally filled it with water and threw at you. "Wallace Rudolph West! How dare you!" 

When Artemis and Richard had managed to run into the kitchen, you had Wally on the floor, clothes soaked through to his skin.

"And what's going on in here?" Artemis said, hands on her hips.

"Um, he started it," you said, standing up and wiping your face. "He should have known he was going to lose."