Chapter Two: Family Secrets.

**Sophie's P.O.V**

This wasn't what I was expecting at all, I mean I'd have my doubts but I always imagined I was just being paranoid. I wasn't exactly sure what to do or what to say, what dose one do after given a bombshell like this? But it did make sense. Logically, I don't resemble anything like father or Elizabeth, and to take it further, I don't look anything like our mother.

"Is there anything else I need to know?" I asked my father in a calm voice. He looked up from his desk with a shocked expression on his face, probably not expecting me to be taking this as well as I was.

"There's a couple more things." He replied back.

"Splendid." I mumbled under my breath. He looked at me as if asking what I had just said, but I quickly turned me head and looked at the suddenly more interesting wall to my left.

"Your mother and father's names were Maria and Hector. Your father was a sailor of the Royal Navy, for around ten years before he lost his way, after he didn't return for two years we all believed he had died. And when he came back, he was a pirate and wasn't granted entry, as the rumours of his misdeeds reached Port Royal. He was a wanted man and he asked me for one last favour, a favour I couldn't pass up." Father started and I sat down in one of his chairs, shocked.

"What made him a wanted man?" I asked curiously.

"The night your mother and father met, another man tried to harm her, your father, saw what was happening and stepped in. He killed the man and unfortunately, the man he killed was a royal guard, the general of the king's guard. After that, your father was wanted viciously and he needed to leave. Your mother refused to leave without him and they took off late in the night." Father explained looking at me from his desk.

"I understand. But,  how could he be punished for inevitably doing the right thing? He saved a woman who was clearly in danger and the man was obviously going against the oath he took when accepting to be a royal guard." I stated not understanding why my real father was punished for doing the right thing.

"How did you know my father?" I asked

"Well I think it's safe to say that your father and I were some what friends." Father confessed to me.

"After that night, I told hector about the rumours and the decision the king made of his fate. I told him he needed to take Maria and sail far away. It was no longer safe for either of them. He and Maria had vanished for two years. Within that time, they had ben pronounced as dead. They returned one last time and Hector asked me to meet him, when I arrived, he was with Maria and gave me a baby girl. He told me it wouldn't be safe for her and asked me to raise his daughter, to protect her. I agreed and took you back home, I never saw your parents again after that night." Father said as he finished his story. I was completely shocked, I didn't know what to say.

"Thankyou." I said as I hugged my father tightly. I knew he was not expecting this reaction from me, but I was happy. I always knew I was out of place here and now I know why, Now I can concentrate on finding my real parents.

"So I'm a pirate by blood? Is that why I'm always in trouble?" I asked him.

"That could be the reason." Father answered as we laughed together.

We were interrupted by the butler telling us it was time to go, father and I nodded and made our way quickly back to where Will and Elizabeth were. Elizabeth was the first one to exit through the door after her little conversation with Will, father and I looked at each other with confused expressions on our faces.We shared glances at Will who shrugged it off and said his goodbyes, he watched us as we strode off to the ceremony, but as we were on our way,  I swear I heard Will say goodbye to Elizabeth.