Chapter Four: The Duel.

***Sophie's P.O.V***

"Let go of her, mate and I won't hurt you. "Jack said in a deep voice.

"No! get away from her!" I knew that voice, I'd be able to pick it out of a rumbling crowd, It was Will.

"Will, let me go." I protested calmly as I tried to escape from his grasp.

"No Sophie, stay behind me." William replied in a protective manner.

"No, Will. You don't understand." I tried to reason with him.

"Yes Sophie, I do. This man's dangerous and I don't want you getting hurt." He told me.

"No, he isn't Will. You're being ridiculous, let me explain."

"How am I being ridiculous? You're the one who's being infuriating."

"Yes, insult me. Because that's going to make me want to explain everything to you isn't it!" I said sarcastically rolling my eyes.

"Sophie, for once do as your told, this man's a pirate and if he hurts you, I wouldn't be able to live with myself."  Will reasoned with me.

"William, I understand but I'm not hurt nor am I in harms way." I replied back.

"Sophia, Stay away behind me while I deal with him." William said back. His voice was firm yet he remained clam.

"No!" I protested.

"Why?"

"I want to go with him." I simply said.

"You're the one they're hunting. The pirate." Will's voice was low and deep, as he spoke in a mumble.
Jack acknowledged him with a tip of his head, then frowns regards as he speaks to Will a little conflicted.

"You look oddly familiar ... Have I ever threatened you before?" Jack asked.

"I've made a point of avoiding familiarities with pirates." William said.

"Ah. Then it would be a shame to put a black mark on your record. So, if you'll excuse me ... Come on Sophie time to go." Jack said I nodded at him and he linked our arms together. We made our way to the door and I turned back to look at William who was looking at me weirdly.

Beside the door is a grindstone, a sword resting in the honing guide. Before Jack can react, will had clutched a sword in his hand. Jack, started to walk back in front of Will, he looked over to me and gestured me stay where I was.

"Stay here, love." Jack ordered me while standing in front of Will.

"You think this is wise, boy, Crossing blades with a pirate?" Jack questioned him.

"You threatened Miss Swann." Will stated looking at me and then back to Jack.

"Only a little." Jack replied. As he looked at me and winked in response.

Will assumes an on guard position. Jack appraises him, unhappy to see that Will knows what he's doing. Jack attacks and the two men stood in one place, trading feints, thrusts and parries with lightning speed, almost impossible to follow. Will has no trouble matching Jack's every move, which I could easily see, was annoying him.

"You know what you're doing, I'll give you that. Excellent form but how's your footwork? If I step here" – Jack takes a step around an imaginary circle.

Will steps the other way, maintaining his relationship to Jack, as if he's done this before.

"Very good! Now I step again." Jack announced.