ONE

SEOUL, 6.56PM.
DAY ZERO / KWON JIHA¹

“How many days are you going to stay here?" said Lee Donghyuck, golden skin practically glowing under the sunset. Kwon Jiha liked the view from the very roof of their dorm, it was high enough for her to see the sunset and the Seoul buildings just up ahead.

“I'm staying here until you find someone you like,” she replied, a small smile on her lips as she drank from the carton of milk she was holding. “I don't think it will take that long, though. You seem like a person who falls in love easily.”

“I won't call it falling in love exactly,” Donghyuck replied obnoxiously, flailing the cheese stick he was holding around. “Falling sounds dangerous, and I don't usually get hurt.”

“Hm, well,” Jiha pressed in, eyes narrowing jokingly and ignoring the older boy's stare. “I don't think you're too hard to crack. You look like you love surprises.”

“That's true.”

Jiha only smiled as a way to show her victory. Stretching her legs out, she sighed. She wished she was back watching the waves back in Yeoseodo, where the breeze was cold and sunsets were almost blue — but travelling to Seoul wasn't that much of a bad idea. She hasn't seen Donghyuck ever since he auditioned for SM.

"Jiha?" whispered Donghyuck. The sunset was gone now, and little specks of light have appeared on the jet black sky. Their milk cartons were long forgotten by their feet, backs pressed against bricks.

There was no one else except from Donghyuck, Jiha, and their heartbeats.

"Hm?"

"Have you ever fallen in love with one of your clients before?"

Jiha swallowed and she felt her heart race a bit. she looked at Donghyuck with adoring eyes, and smiled softly.

"No."