TWO

DAY ONE: CHO KIYOUNG.

Jiha groaned. "Stay still, why won't you!"

"Just let me wear my normal clothes, woman!" Donghyuck hissed, attempting to loosen the necktie that Jiha was oh-so desperately trying to put on the taller boy in front of her, but in vain; her small hands immediately slapped his larger ones away.

"You need to look presentable, you idiot," Jiha rolled her eyes when Donghyuck stuck his tongue out. "Cho Kiyoung was very hesitant to take this date, you know. She was spitting out some excuse that unless you're wearing a suit and tie, then there's no point in having a date with you. She even blocked my number."

"Then what is the point of having a date with her?" the older boy huffed and pouted his lips. "I already don't like her from the way she's acting." Donghyuck pouted his lips more, and Jiha found it impossible to not look at him and not want to pinch his cheeks. "And I don't like the way she's acting towards you."

Jiha smiled, and got on her tiptoes to flick his forehead. "hyuckie, this isn't about me — it's just that you don't understand. Dates don't work that way. I can't cancel on her."

"Bullshit."

"You might like her later on."

"There's a small chance."

And with that, Donghyuck turned away and ruffled his waxed hair in front of the mirror. Jiha's blood boiled at the sight of her creation being ruined, but she told herself to calm down  — she doesn't want to go back to her hometown just yet and leave Donghyuck without company.

"Why did I spend half of my savings just for you?"

"Because you love me," grinned Donghyuck.

"Unfortunately."

-

6:56pm

"So? How did it go?"

"Fucking terrible," Donghyuck answered, and heard the rest of the Dreamies laugh from the living room. Jiha rolled her eyes at them and immediately dragged Donghyuck away from their retorts and teasing. "She wouldn't stop babbling about lip tints that are the same fucking shades."

"Well, you see," Jiha started, sitting him down on his bed and removing his tie, "Kiyoung cares a lot about makeup and her appearance — I'm sorry if it went terrible. I should've told you sooner just so that you'd have an idea..."

"Hey, it's okay," Donghyuck smiled, unbuttoning his cuffs, "it was all an honest mistake really."

"Can I try again?" Jiha asked, furrowing her eyebrows and slightly pouting. "It's okay if you say no."

"Fine," Donghyuck replied after a few moments of silence, a mischevious smile replacing the frown on his lips. "But there are rules."

"And?"

"I'll write them down, don't worry."

Donghyuck exited out of his room in his dress shirt, handing his blazer to Jiha in the process with a smile. She shook her head, mind a bewildered mess. her heart was thumping wildly against her ribcage, and she could feel the rhythm against her fingertips.

why are you like this, kwon jiha?